how to boost lo's immune system??

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew is constantly ill this weather :cry: not a full week goes by when he's got something :nope:

From cold, to viral infections, to Broncholitus to pavo-virus to noro virus and now a REALLY BAD COLD AGAIN. Poor wee guy (and mum and dad) been up all night as he cant breathe right with congestion, is very hoarse and chesty. Its never ending........

I know being prem can affect immune system making him more easily suseptable but he def takes this from me, im always unwell too.

Sorry to rant, back to my original question......Is there anything we can be doing to build up his immune system, short of never leaving the house????

fedup.com xx

My mum would say large doses of vitamin C .... I wonder if it's safe to give babies Echinacea?

Oh poor you and poor Matthew, its just pants isn't it! :nope:

You could go to a trusted health shop and ask them whats safe or to your docs, I used to give my little boys that I nannied for echinacea but they were a bit older than Matthew.

Is he still on his vits?

I would say multi vits and vit c. Poor wee sole. It's hard seeing them ill all the time. Give him extra extra brocolli in his food as it's got more vit c than even an orange.

Give him a hug for me xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Definitely multi vitamins and iron, works for Emily. She always has a cold but touch wood nothing on the scale of Matthew...you poor thing. My friend had a poorly baby, her baby is now 7 years old (no longer a baby obviously), however she does not catch all the lurgy germs at school because her immune system is so strong. Just think Matthew will have a super immune system as he gets older. Plus he is a prem so he is a super fighter!!

x

aww thanks girls. Just fed up and feel sorry for my wee man always ill he's generally a wee cheeky happy guy its sad to see him in pain or uncomfortable.

Will look into multi vitimins, can he take these while still on dalivit as its basically a multivit?

will def try more brocoli he loves the stuff xx

Hmmm maybe brocolli is the answer, Molly has it neqrly every day cos she loves it and she has only been ill once since she got out of hospital.

Not sure at all. Abby hasn't so much as had a sniffle since she was home but I have no idea what I'm doing (if anything) for that to be the case. She eats only fruit and veg, drinks only breastmilk and sleeps alot. But we also don't generally mix with heaps of other people so it may well be that she actually has a pants immune system, she just hasn't been near any bugs!!

Give Matthew a big hug from me. Has he stopped that grunting thing yet? Did you work out what it was? I only ask as Abby has just started doing it and it drives me nuts!!

He doesnt do it as much now but still there while feeding, think its his way of telling us he wants attention haha. Abby at it now too :dohh:

Matthew still has this cough have GP this morn to give him the once over just to be safe as he has had it since Thur and only getting worse hoping it does not get into his chest, and OMG the green snot that boy is constantly oozing is enough to put you off food :sick: xx

He doesnt do it as much now but still there while feeding, think its his way of telling us he wants attention haha. Abby at it now too :dohh:
Yep, we get it when she is feeding. I thought maybe it was because she had had enough. Who can ever tell with these bairns.:dohh:

Hopefully when Matthew is better I can take a wee trip out your way for a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->