how to build up freezer supply

KatyR

Reaction score
I am EBF and would like to start building up a freezer supply of milk so DH can do some feeds and i have a chance to go out with friends in a few weeks.
when is best to pump? I did the other day after a feed but then found mu supply was down when LO next fed so we both got frustrated. Any tips on how to get this started?

You may want try pumping in the morning as you normally have more milk earlier in the day than later. I normally just pump one breast while my dd is bf on the other in the evening. I think it depends on how your lo feeds though (one breast per feed or both).

I used the Lansinoh Manual pump and started when daughter was sleeping longer at night. I'd wake up feeling like Dolly Parton and would pump one side only. When DD woke up, I've let her have the unpumped side.

Eventually with repeated use, I learned better technique (compression, moving nipple around in the cone, stopping to massage breast), would have more letdowns and was able to get more out. I only pumped one breast once a day. I didn't want to develop too much of an oversupply so I'd stop once I hit 4oz but it was enough that I was able to build a stash up.

Good luck hun :flower:

I pump in the morning after I have nursed LO.

my son has started sleeping longer periods at night, so i began pumping about an hour after he goes to bed (around 9 pm) and am always very full when he wakes to nurse (around 2 am). when i first started, i wasnt able to pump much, but it seems my body has gotten used to the demand over the last few weeks. i would recommend finding a time that is convenient for you to pump and doing it at the same time everyday. every little bit counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->