How to clear your browser's cache

StirCrazy

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How do I clear my browser's cache?

Internet Explorer 7
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
  2. Make sure the General tab is selected.
  3. Under "Browsing History" click "Delete".
  4. In the new window, click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section.
  5. Alternatively, clear your cache for just the current page you're visiting. Press and hold [Ctrl] on your keyboard, then Press [F5] or click on the Refresh button (square button on the toolbar with opposite-facing arrows).

Internet Explorer 6
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
  2. Make sure the General tab is selected.
  3. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section and click OK.

Firefox
Versions 1.5 / 2.0 / 3.0
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Clear Private Data.
  2. Remove checks from everything except cache. Leave cache checked.
  3. Click Clear Private Data Now.

Firefox 1.0
  1. Once your browser is open:
  2. Click the Tools menu and select Options.
  3. Click the Privacy button and select the Cache tab.
  4. Click the Clear Cache Now button.

Mozilla SeaMonkey
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Edit menu and select Preferences.
  2. In the left-side list, open the Advanced node and select Cache.
  3. Click the Clear Cache button.

Chrome
  1. Once your browser is open, select the tools menu. (the spanner(UK) / wrench(US) in the upper-right corner).
  2. Select Clear Browsing data....
  3. Select the Empty the cache checkbox.
  4. If you do not wish to delete cookies, etc., remove checks from them in the list.
  5. Select the period of time for which you wish to delete cached information using the Clear data from this period: dropdown menu. (If in doubt select Everything).
  6. Click the Clear Browsing Data button.

Opera
  1. Once your browser is open, select the Tools menu and click Delete Private Data.
  2. Click the Details button.
  3. If you do not wish to delete cookies, saved passwords, etc., remove checks from them in the list.
  4. Press Delete.

Safari
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache.
  2. Confirm the action by clicking Empty in the pop-up window.

Konqueror
  1. Once your browser is open, click the Settings menu and select Configure Konqueror.
  2. Scroll down in the list of images and select Cache.
  3. Click Clear Cache.

Tips
  • It is a good practice to clear your cache and delete your cookies regularly.
  • You can also use a third-party software, like Ccleaner.

(https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache)

I thought this thread said "how to clear your browser's acne"

:dohh: I need to learn how to read I think!

It is nice explanation. I am used more than one web browser. It is very useful for me. I am appreciated about it. I am glad to share your valuable knowledge.

Go to start menu than go on run,Write *temp* there and enter,it will delete cookies of your system...
To clear cache:press Ctrl +shift+delete thanks enter....

:nope: I still can't get it to work

Followed the instructions to the letter, and the message still comes up, will have to wait till hubby comes home and he will have to look at it for me.

Why is this a sticky thread? This can be easily found anywhere on the net. Is it even required to use this site?
Admin abusing the threads, it seems.

Note: When troubleshooting issues with any website, after clearing your browser's cache and cookies, exit your browser completely before attempting to access the site again. In Windows, close all your browser windows; in Mac OS X, quit (Command-q) your browser.

Also, if clearing the cache doesnt work, this is what worked for me.

Tools. Internet Options. Advanced. then under Multimedia in the scroll down menu, make sure everything has a check mark by it. Apply. Ok. Then restart computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->