How to do woolies at night?

cath

Reaction score
For night nappies, I've been using fitteds with a PUL wrap & they're working fine but I want to give wool a try so her skin can breathe a bit more. Just wondering how you go on with baby-grows, sleeping bags etc? Can you still use these or will it stop the wee from evaporating through the wool?

You can still use the same clothes/bedding over the top. I tend to think of it as like wearing cotton underwear so your skin can breathe - you can still wear trousers over the top :rofl:

Thanks, I hadnt thought of it like that. Looks like I'd best get the old knitting needles into action then.

If you use wool items like longies then you dont need anything like trousers on top and you can still put a sleeping bag over the top. Thats what were using atm :)

Does it not make the sleeping bag & bedding smell of wee though? Thats what's put me off using them up til now.

I've been using wool covers for months. Through the summer, she was in just a vest, then her sleeping bag. The vest and sleeping bag have never smelled of wee, and the wool cover itself only started smelling when I needed to re-lanolise it :)

They work by soaking up the wee, and then evaporating it. Any wet which evaporates out is actually like distilled water, so it won't make anything outside smell - it's absolutely pure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->