• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how to fatten her up?

catty

Reaction score
My daughter is a skinny minnie and only has between 15-20oz of milk a day. She has a good appetite for food though and id say she eats almost as much as her older brother!
I got her weighed today and that her only just doubled her birthweight now she is 16lbs.
that means she has only put on 10 ozs in 10 weeks.

the health visitor thought it was probably because she is so active trying to crawl amd rolling around allday.
How can I fatten her up a little without being unhealthy? she is getting a bit skinny looking. I put alot of butter on her toast and hode milk and cheese where I can.
any suggestions on bulking the meals out to put on a bit more? Shes between the 9th amd 25th centile now. Was on the 50th

Sounds like you're doing a good job sneaking stuff in where you can already. You can also get creative with things like porridge, adding in butter or coconut oil. I also put butter on all vegetables usually. Then things like nut butters or hummus are fairly calorie dense and make good snacks on rice cakes or crackers or toast fingers. Then pretty much cheese and butter in/on everything, soups, pasta, eggs. Carbohydrate rich foods like rice and beans are good too, especially with butter and cheese. Do you think she'd drink a smoothie? I used to make a lot of smoothies with avocados, yogurt, banana and berries or other fruit (mango is good). The banana and avocado are rich in healthy fats.

Thanks that is really helpful!
We are pretty much BLW although I will spoon feed her yoghurts and
cereal so I guess were not really. Because of that I find it hard to know what shes actually eaten. If I give her say 3 strawberries and half a banana it looks like its all gone but I find alot down the sides of her seat so unsure how much she really has. Same with toast and rice cakes etc. She just had pasta with cheese and sausage for lunch. She kept gagging on the sausage so she ended up only actually eating the cheese. Maybe im kidding myself thinking that shes eating alot?
I never even thought to put butter on veg so il definately do that and I think she would drink a smoothie but shes not great with a sippy so will try it in a bottle.

I think if she was really hungry, she would eat more food or drink more milk, so more than likely she's just growing and getting more mobile and that's why she's dropped centiles. It will probably balance out again once she gets a little older. You can also try the smoothie in a normal cup with a straw (kinda like how you'd drink it). You'll have to hold the cup and straw and just let her sip from it, but it will probably be easier than in a sippy cup or bottle as it will probably be too thick.

My daughter is an avocado addict - have you tried just offering chunks? It's full of healthy fats and nutrients.

I think some babies are just tinier than others. My friends daughter is 15 months and only weighs 17lbs. Eats great and is very active. She's healthy all around, just small

Hey :) since I wrote this she definately feels like she is filling out a bit but I have staryed cutting back on what I was doing before.
I changed her to hungry baby milk but her poos were horrible so I kept her on it almost a month and iv just changed her back now. I was putting butter or cheese on alot of her meals but I felt it was getting a bit excessive so iv stopped that too. She has a great diet and between 15 - 21oz of milk a day aswell as whatever milk she gets out of cereal, yoghurts etc.
I havnt got her weighed yet but might pop down this week and see. I think shes just a petite little girl

Avocado!

Either just avocado or mash avocado with banana, or steam an apple and puree it and mix it with mashed avocado. Good luck!!

ETA: oops, just saw your update. Glad things are going well.

I changed her to hungry baby milk but her poos were horrible so I kept her on it almost a month and iv just changed her back now.

Probably best not to be on hungry baby milk. It is to fill up babies that are eating "too much" not too little. Normal formula that digests more quickly will mean she'll eat and drink more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->