How to find a childcare provider in the UK who would follow an attachment style?

A

asacia

I'm thinking I might need to put LO into nursery, or with a child minder, for a couple of hours, once a week.

I wouldn't want LO to go to anywhere that would treat him differently to how I do. I want someone who will hold him if he needs it, who'll cuddle him and won't CIO/CC or anything like that.

Does anyone have any tips on finding someone? I know the nursery's aren't always terribly truthful about how the look after kiddies.

A Nanny might be the best option as they'll look after your LO 1-on-1

i woudl suggest a nanny or au-pair as that way you would have the child in your home as abase !!

I hadn't thought about a Nanny or Au Pair, I only want a couple of hours a week, would a Nanny be able to do that?

Where do I start looking? I think 1-on-1 would be best, I really don't want LO left to cry or not given full attention.

theres a site called nanny net i believe - and or they advertise allover the place even gum tree etc - is likey as your only wanting a few hours it would be a nanny share - mums net tends to have things on there - and there are nanny agency's alover the place !!!

we were going to use one when i had my operations but my sis moved in insted !!

Oh yes, lots of Nannies will be happy to look after LO for a day a week.

Try
Gumtree.co.uk [then select your city]
childcare.co.uk
mumsnet
netmums

Nanny Agencies tend to charge lots of money

Nanny could be good because at least its 1 on 1

As I nursery nurse I have seen first hand how some nurserys make out they do wonderful things and then do completely different

Tips on choosing a nursery

1)Look at ofsted report anything below good you need to watch out for
When you want to look round if they give you a set time (unless lunch time) Then be 2)wary because they know you are coming and set it up too look good
3) Ask them how they will care for his individual needs not just their policies

need to ask any question feel free to PM me
xx

Ooh this is a great thread, I am desperate to have Freya looked after, preferably in my own home for a couple of hours a week. I hadn't thought of a nanny, are they expensive? I will have a look on those sites too!

thanks for that aidan's mummy - i have to put LO in nursery when return to work next year so any tips greatly appreciated!!

sorry to crash the thread but is there much price difference between childminder, nursery or nanny??

They can be about the same, nurserys are on average 30 pound upwards a day

Im not sure about nannies or childminders

But if you do go to a nanny of a childminders ask to see ther CRB check and for references
xx

They can be about the same, nurserys are on average 30 pound upwards a day

Im not sure about nannies or childminders

But if you do go to a nanny of a childminders ask to see ther CRB check and for references
xx

Ooh I hadn't considered a nanny! That would be perfect for us when I have to go back to work... interesting.

Au-Pairs in the UK are not really allowed to look after babies on their own, they dont have qualifications and they will def not have a CRB.

Nannys are better and nanny shares are much more common these days, Au Pairs are for LIVE IN work and are allowed to work about 25 hours a week, Nannys can be live in, out, or nanny share, they have experience, qualifications, should have a CRB but a lot of people cant get them because you cant just apply, someone has to apply for you, a buisness, or a nanny agency, the nanny herself cant just get one. i got mine from working part time in the kids i looked after's school so the school got me mine.

Their salary depends where you live, but if its not full time then they will charge hourly. in London about 10-12 an hour is about standard for a qualified nanny.

(Au pairs are also from age 16, nannys are much older - a lot of people dont know the difference in them and call their nanny an au-pair which to the nanny is very insulting,)

x

I use a childminder and she's £25 per day - so cost wise, I don't think there's a massive amount of difference between childminders and nurseries. I never considered a nanny, because I work at home and need the house quiet during the day!!

I've registered with an agency today! Fingers crossed I'll get a Nanny soon. Rates here are £7 to £9 an hour.

I've registered with an agency today! Fingers crossed I'll get a Nanny soon. Rates here are £7 to £9 an hour.

Shame you're not in the Manchester area ;-) I'm looking for work :haha:
Sounds about right for hourly rates. It's about 6-8/hour up here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->