How to get poo out of reuseable nappies

MrsXYZ

Reaction score
Bit of a random question......

I have just started using the Lollipop bamboo and microfibre nappies. Once used I am putting them in the nappy bin, but not soaking them in anything. Then washing them on a 40 degree cycle. They have come out clean, but with poo stains still on. Any tips for getting rid of the poo??! :haha:

A liner helps (either disposable or fleece, - with fleece i find weaning poop just falls off it)
or and extra rinse cycle before adding detergent also helps.

I haven't used the lollipop ones so i can't really offer much more advice.

sunshine! hang them out on the line if its not raining. If it is put them on the window sill, Im not mad honest the sun bleaches the stains out if they arent too bad :)

thanks for replies. Would it be worth soaking them in something in the bucket to help get the stains out? I've been using a liner, but still get poop on the nappy!

Not sure what you can use to get stains out in the bucket maybe bicarb but dont quote me on that im still newish to it all too :) Hopefully one of the other ladies will come along in a min and help!

You can either rinse in cold water (i use the shower head) before putting in the bucket or do a spin cycle before washing as the heat from the wash sets stains. |I still get slight stains by doing this but I just "sun them out"

I have quite a lot of stained bamboo at the moment (including a Lollipop), and I just wait for it to fade, as it will over time. Unfortunately it's not good for the bamboo to bleach it, as I do with microfibre inserts. Haven't had much luck with the sun getting stains out, as I have no outside drying space, though I do hang nappies up by the window. I rinse in cold water (by hand) and scrub with Vanish if I have time, and I always start my nappy laundry with a cold cycle before the hot wash.

As for weaning poos being easier to clean, oh I wish! We use fleece liners but he always squishes his poos to the edges, and the liquid soaks through and stains, often horrendously. Sure, the solids on the liner usually peel off but it's still really messy and nasty. Good thing I love cloth or there is no way I could cope!

Add a tablespoonful of Evover laundry bleach to your washing load. That's brilliant at removing stains but not colours, and is about 1/3 the price of vanish, but with the same active ingredients. I wouldn't bother soaking in the bucket, unless you have a really stubborn stain. It's a horrid smelly job, and is not really necessary, although for really stubborn stains, a 24 hour soak with a nappy sanitising powder can work magic - I've even got set in red wine stains out that way!

LittlePants, do you mean Napisan (when you say nappy sanitising powder)? Is that ok to soak natural fibres, and is it ok on PUL, elastic and velcro? I do use Napisan (a spoonful in the main wash) sometimes, and I soak other stained stuff but haven't soaked my bamboo or my stained BG/Flip outers or wraps (and I have a horribly stained light coloured Flip outer that may be done for if it's not treated :cry: )

I swear by sunshine! I didn't believe I'd ever get some of the stains out, but, a nice sunny day is a miracle worker! :)

Hadn't thought of lemon juice. I think I'm going to have to borrow this tip, since the sun has gone in for the minute! Thanks! :)

I use napisan. It works really well on all types of stains

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->