How to get rid of the empty feeling?

24/7

Mummy to Sam & Abigail
Reaction score
I just can't seem to shake off the empty feeling at the moment, it comes and goes but right now it is worse than ever. Oh wants to wait abit, and well I'm the impulsive one!! :D

I don't think OH will change his mind, as he believes his way is the right way, in the same way I feel my way is. :dohh: I know I need to accept it all and wait patiently but I don't know how to get rid of the pain it is causing in the mean time. I love him so much and want it to be amazing for both of us, it just hurts in the mean time. HELP ME GIRLS!! :hugs: xxxx

Aww hunni, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but believe me when I say I feel like this a lot too. It's not all of the time, but when it comes, it comes in waves, and I sit there brooding with a sad face and I really do feel empty, that's the perfect description!

I'm in a similar position to you. My OH wants children and is so excited at the idea, but he's more sensible minded than me. He wants to wait for his promotion, pay off the debt we have (not much really, but still annoying) and move into a more suitable house. If I had my way, I'd be baby making RIGHT NOW!

The thing that usually helps me is thinking about how perfect it will be when we do have more money to spend and a bigger home. I think about how having more money will mean we can have gorgeous family days out, taking our child to the zoo, to the park, to the beach and just thinking of my OH building sand castles with our daughter/son makes me feel happy instantly! Right now, we can't really afford to do those things so I try to focus on the fact that he is right. Although a bit too sensible for my liking, lol, he is right. And it's wonderful that your OH is working hard so he can provide a wonderful life for you and your baby.

There's no cure hun, I wish there was. How amazing would it be if we could take a pill that got rid of broodiness for say 6 months? I would take it! *hugs* Keep thinking positively hun and think of all those things you have to look forward to!

My other half was the same, until i got pregnant whilst on the pill then when he found out he was a bit apprehensive at first but hes completley happy now, is there no way you can bring him round? Or talk about the situation with the mother in law if thats the reason why? You never know it just might take LOTS of persausion xxx

Thanks Girlies. :hugs: xxx

We starting TTC our LO 6 weeks AFTER OH lost his job. There's never a good time to have children. We decided the situation was good enough. I have a secure job with good maternity leave and our rent is cheap and bills affordable. We decided we can still have the house, ect, but can get there as a family rather than a couple.

Get a puppy! Puppies cure all sadness. :D

I hope it all works out for you. :hugs: Men are hard to understand sometimes.

OMG i totally feel your pain. i could have wrote that first part myself!!!

My OH is currently a uni student. he has 1 year left, then he goes on placement for a year then does like a day release to uni after that for 3 years....i no, very long course. We always discussed that we could have a baby once this next year is out of the way but we spoke about it the other day and he wants to move it back to sort his career out etc. also bcs he is living the student lifestyle i personally dont think he wants to settle down yet. so annoying how he has just changed his mind!!!

Sometimes i just feel like getting pregnant and running away from everyone i know and for it to be just me and my baby, deep down i know i want to be stable etc but i just dont know if i can wait that long!!!

I know what u mean about the emptyness as well. Its like all i have ever wanted to do is have children. Im not that bothered about a career or even going out drinking etc now. People tell me to live my life before having kids and maybe their right but to me my life will start when i have kids (as sad as that may sound)

Oh well that turned into a rant haha

Point is your not at all alone. I love this web site purely bcs i realise thats its not just me and im not a baby obsessed freak!!! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->