how to physically prepare for birth?

Jtiki

Reaction score
I plan to deliver at a free standing birth center. I'm looking for a book or website that has exercises to help physically prepare for child birth, such as a squatting regime.

I have read several books about relaxation, breathing techniques, hypnobirth, etc. They all seem to touch on the physical aspect, but none seem to focus on it.

Any suggestions?

I found the book 'Active Birth' by janet Balaskas good - had some exercises to do, a bit yoga-y. I did them once or twice then gave up! I did a home birth - and am unfit as anything - but it was all good!!! x

I like 'Katy Says' squatting exercises here. I'm also planning on a yoga class, and making sure I stay as physically active as possible.

I say as I'm lying on the sofa browsing the internet...

Pretty much any gentle exercise is good - walking, swimming, etc! I think the Bradley Method has some pre-natal exercise (squats etc) ? There's some exercises and things described on the first page of this thread if I remember right.... https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...964-join-me-my-bradley-method-experiance.html

Afraid I don't know much else about it tho!

I took care to practise things in every day life, ie. good sitting posture (do you have a birth ball?) squatting rather than bending or kneeling to pick something up or interact with my toddler.... rather than doing a few reps of a given exercise and going, "that's that done for today!" iyswim :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->