How to prepare a clingy mummy's boy for his first day at nursery!!

JennaSmith

just us the dog and fish
Reaction score
Hi my lil boy starts nursery on tuesday morning been for his first hour where i was able to stay and play with him and he shocked me to be honest he was off playing but i think thats because he knew that i was still there! any advice welcome beggining to stress now my Daughter was fine loved her time in nursery so havent experienced anything like this :wacko:

He'll probably be just fine! He might be a little upset when he realises that you're gone but I'm sure if he gets very upset they'll ring you. You could always call yourself after a little while to check he's doing ok.

I too have a soft boy!
Harry has been going to a private nursery for the past few years, although he is still very clingy with me. For example, he has cried every day I dropped him off this past week - yet, the week before he was perfectly happy to walk in on his own.
Harry will be starting the school nursery on Monday, so a new place, new people, new children. I took him last week for a few hours and he loved it - got stuck straight in with all the toys and children etc - this made me feel better about him going there because I was anxious with him being very emotional and clingy.
Harry will go to the school nursery for mornings, and then the private nursery will pick him up at lunch time and take him back there for the afternoon. Harry being soft is the main driving reason for me sending him to the school nursery for mornings because i'm hoping it'll soften the blow of him starting school if he starts with some of the same children he's been playing with for the past year.
I'm sure your son will be fine. He may be upset at first when you leave, but will soon get stuck in - and they will call you if he continues to be upset. If you're concerned, give them a call about half hour after you've left him there... this is what I've done before, and he's always been fine.

Just realised I didn't actually say anything about 'preparing' them!
I always talk to Harry about what's going to happen - so this week we've been talking about the school nursery, and what was there etc, and how he's going there next week. On Sunday i'll talk a lot to him about how we'll be going there "tomorrow" etc - always in a really up-beat way.
So come Monday morning, he knows what's happening and it's always much easier.

So sorry i havent been back on since my post been so busy thank you for your replys! Bradley has been to nursery now for just under two weeks and at first was great at the end of his first week started to be a bit unhappy but is getting used to it now! i however am lost at 5 to 9 every morning when i have dropped them both off untill 11:30 and hes back and back out to pick up Jessica at 3:15(busy year this will be )hope your son has settled in well and is loving nursery! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->