How to prevent stains on my BG?

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
I noticed today that my two BumGenius diapers had stained even though I sprayed them and washed them the very next day. I started using a wet pail today with baking soda to help prevent the stains from setting and it worked on my other ones great! But my BGs are still stained. :nope:
Obviously I line dry them, since it says you can't tumble dry BGs. And it's been really hot and sunny lately, so I thought maybe the sun would help take the stains out. But nope.

I don't know if it's just weird coincidence that the only two that have stained are both BumGenius or if maybe they just stain easy. :shrug:
Anybody else had this problem? Or have a solution?

You don't want to wet pail BGs (unless you mean their fitteds?) because of the PUL...letting them sit in water like that isn't good. You can tumble dry though, I only do that with mine and never had any issues. I've had mine seem to stain but then with more washing it almost always lightens/disappears, maybe it will fade with time?

You don't want to wet pail BGs (unless you mean their fitteds?) because of the PUL...letting them sit in water like that isn't good. You can tumble dry though, I only do that with mine and never had any issues. I've had mine seem to stain but then with more washing it almost always lightens/disappears, maybe it will fade with time?

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up. They're the BG 3.0 OS, and I have to say, I haven't had a problem with them taking forever to dry or leaking, which were two complaints I'd heard a lot. The only problem is the stains. I mean, they're not on the outside at all, but still. I know they're there, which is enough to bug me. :blush: :haha:

Hopefully you're right and they'll just fade with washing.

Do you use fleece liners? I use them in all of my nappies to catch most of the poo and prevent stains! And if poo does get on them, I scrub them straight away with cold water and a Vanish bar before I dry pail them and touch wood so far, no stains.

I love my BGs, too, but wish they weren't white inside!!! :rofl:

Congrats on Olivia, she's just beautiful, I saw her pic in the other thread xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"