How to tell if your leaking urine or if its fluid?

Leinzlove

Reaction score
I can't figure it out. But, I'm experiencing a continuous wet feeling and a trickle. Can't tell if its baby constantly pushing on my bladder or if I'm leaking.

Sit on the toilet. If it keeps coming even while doing kegels and it feels like it's coming from your vagina (like you have your period) then it's fluid. Especially if clear and no smell.
Mine trickled and trickled. Was never a gush but definitely felt different than peeing

The smell will be the biggest give away. Urine has it obvious smell, amniotic fluid smells nothing like it - it smells quite sweet like.

I was worried about this as well, my pantyliner is wetter than usual and there is no smell, it's definitly not urine.
I was told amniotic fluid smells like bleach and sperm? But I also read it smells very sweet.
I was also told to see if I'm always "leaking", because urine you can hold in, but I'm not going to sit on the toilet and wait for a drip to come or not. I could be leaking drops every now and then.
I bought a pad that changes color if it's amniotic fluid, but I know they're not 100% reliable. The color did change but not to what it's supposed to be if it is amniotic fluid. I have no idea.

Could you call the labour ward and ask for some advice? It could be that they want to see you to test to see if it's fluid or not.

Do you feel a gush after lying down for a while and then standing up? Hopefully the dr can give you some answers!

Nina where did you find those pads. I looked for hours online and could find any for sale. I'm in the US. Not sure where you are located - maybe they are easier to find in other areas?

Mine wasn't fluid. It was that the baby engaged and me being active squeezed the bladder.

Do you feel a gush after lying down for a while and then standing up? Hopefully the dr can give you some answers!

Nina where did you find those pads. I looked for hours online and could find any for sale. I'm in the US. Not sure where you are located - maybe they are easier to find in other areas?

I bought them at the pharmacy, from the pharmacist. They're not all that cheap. I'll try to look online as well if I can find a place that sells them.
They are NOT 100% reliable though!

Mine wasn't fluid as well.
I dried the pad and the color went back to yellow and I smelt it- urine.
I feel disgusting! :nope:

Don't feel disgusting. But I definitely know what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->