How to tell you're pregnant when breast feeding?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Aside from taking a test, of course, how would you know you're pregnant (or even when to test!) while breast feeding?

Are there any symptoms that are unique to breast feeding (ie sudden dip in supply?). Or would you just test a certain # of weeks after DTD? (Especially if AF hasn't returned yet..,)

Thanks!

It feels like someone has sandpapers your nipples when LO latches on, even though there has been no change in thier latch and it was previously comfortable.

You want to throw LO out the window when breastfeeding them (nursing agitation).

You let down becomes non existent apart from in the presence of your nursling (ie, no pump or hand expressing works).

Your supply drops and fades to nothing, then becomes colostrum (second trimester).

Wow... That's really interesting. I've learnt something new today. Thank you.

Im going to have to disagree a little they are all things that may or may not happen. When i fell pregnant whilst bf my son i didnt have any sand paper nipples at all, i did how ever have the nursing agitation i did not like breastfeeding at all and i still had a full flowing supply at 18 weeks when my son decided to selfwean.
I am actually going through the whole am i pregnant thing now. My 2nd son just turned 8 months and only nurses 3 times during the day and 3 times at night and has solids yesterday i had half a day of brown and pink cm when i wiped and nothing since. I am thinking implantation bleeding or maybe af returning but when it returned with my first it was very heavy and its strange that i have had no more since yesterday afternoon and its night here in australia. My temp is also at 37.2 hmmmmm frustrating not having a cycle to compare how late or what not you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->