How to wash school uniform

mummylove

Reaction score
I washed summers school uniform last night cus it was dirty and the marks are still in her polo shirt. Any ideas how to get them white again plus how cn u stop the jumpers from getting bobbles?

When I do a white wash, I always add Vanish Powder (well Asda's version). It does seem to help keep whites white.

In terms of bobbling, not too sure as Joshua's have never bobbled. I have no idea what causes bobbling. I have seen you can use a razor (like you use for shaving) and slowly run it over the top to remove them....but not tried it myself.

I hand wash the stain with cold water & vanish before washing them in the washing machine , if it's grease try fairy liquid for dishes works well on them.

As for bobbling hand wash the jumpers.

cheers. I bought some velcro curls to get them out. And i was gonna get some vanish oxy tomorrow as the one i have is different

Don't wash any jumpers or wool in fabric softener, that causes bobbling. Or as lynsey said, you can shave the bobbles off with a disposable razor, that does work but just be gentle x

Thanks for that. I am annoyed. Washed her uniform and there is pen mark on her jumper

Emma got paint on her polo shirt and Vanish Gold got it out in five minutes! That's the worst stain I've had to tackle so far :)

Thanks for that. I am annoyed. Washed her uniform and there is pen mark on her jumper

For pen marks ( Biro ) try spraying with hairspray then rub with hand soap and wash as usual!

This is the state summer come out of school today

Attachments

• 10570300_10204484355886802_5093476887568369720_n.jpg
    10570300_10204484355886802_5093476887568369720_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 33
Eek! That'll be a good test for the suggestions on here! Looks like your LO had lots of fun in school!

I am seriously not happy at all. This polo shirt i only got thursday. I have washed it normally then washed with vanish and ive just tried stain devils then wash and not moving. I am fuming now. OH is going into the school tomorrow while i am at gym

The school had a right cheek. She tells my oh that school should be play time. So will they be happy if i send her to school in that polo shirt. Soon be moaning

The school had a right cheek. She tells my oh that school should be play time. So will they be happy if i send her to school in that polo shirt. Soon be moaning

Yeah the odd splash is understandable, but that polo shirt looks like they didn't put an apron on him at all!

I soak whites in a bleach solution before washing if they're heavily marked :thumbup:

My kids often get loads of stains on uniform. Doesn't help that there's a grassy slope in the playground that all the kids love rolling down :lol:

Do you have to buy branded polos as if you don't I wouldn't! I buy tesco/asda cheapies as they're going to ruin them, especially in reception. My ones come out with whiteboard pen on them and it won't come out however I try!

Do you have to buy branded polos as if you don't I wouldn't! I buy tesco/asda cheapies as they're going to ruin them, especially in reception. My ones come out with whiteboard pen on them and it won't come out however I try!

Same here, they're much cheaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->