HPT Still Positive?

holymoly

Reaction score
hello,

Just wanted some other perspectives on this one. Had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago (9 weeks in but only a 5 week sac was seen on the scan, no fetal pole or anything else). Had another scan a couple of days later which confirmed my uterus was empty the MW did a pregnancy test the same day that came up as a very faint positive but said that I should be testing negative in a few days.

I haven't done a test since until this morning that came up as positive. i've had the stretchy pains in my uterus that I had when I was early days last time but thought that could be my uterus shrinking again.

I really don't want to get my hopes up that I'm pregnant again (it took 7 months to get pregnant last time) but I would have thought given the pregnancy stopped developing so early on I should be testing negative by now. Then again a pregnancy this soon after would be pretty unlikely too wouldn't it? I know we're all different but anyone been through something similar?:wacko:

Hello hun your best bet is to go to the docs and get your levels checked. With my first mmc it took nearly 8 weeks for my hcg to go <5 all that time I was getting positive pregnancy tests I too had a follow up scan and showed nothing retained. When I questioned the midwife as to why my hcg too so long to fall she stated that even if there are still a few cells of placenta tissue left they can still generate hcg. However given that you had such a faint line before this could indeed be a new pregnancy. Hope it is the latter hun and this one is sticky. x

Thanks Debzie. I'm fed up of doctors at the moment so may leave it a week or so and see how I test then. xx

you should got to the doctor and get your levels checked.
how long did you bleed, may you were only 5 weeks along and had your days cofused and you are still pregnant?
i lost my baby at 6w3d and my levels were below 0 yesterday, only 6 days later.
is there a chance you might be pregnant again?

Thanks m&ttc. I've definately miscarried as my second scan showed that the sac etc had gone. No chance of dates being off as OH works away...

I could be pregnant again but don't want to get my hopes up. I know a trip to the doc's is the most sensible suggestion but can't face going back yet. :sad1:

Yea.. your best bet is to go and get bloods taken to see what your HCG is at. Best of luck!!

Holymoly, I can understand why you don't want to go to the doctors (I was so sick of seeing doctors and hospitals after my mc) but it would be for the best. I started bleeding just after 4 weeks and I got positive tests for well over a month.

I hope though that it is better news for you.

x

I am really hoping it is another viable pregnancy but I know from experience that a mmc can take a long time for your hcg levels to reach zero, especially if there is a chance of retained tissue/cells etc.

Please keep us posted xxx

I had a MMC in February and it took 7 weeks for my tests to come back negative. I tested about every 3 days.

I am in the same boat I had a miscarriage 20 days ago and at that point my levels were at 60 a couple days later I went to my OB where she did a urine test and said it was a very negative test but here I am still with a positive test https://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/brookegrote/photo2.jpg :(

Hi all, thanks for your replies. No news really, I did a test yesterday and still got a faint positive but it was slightly fainter than the day before. I'm going to leave it until after the weekend before I test again I think and will see the DR if it's still positive then. I'm thinking it's more likely my hcg levels taking time to go down rather than a new pregnancy but I'm happy to wait (for a few days at least!).
xx

Holymoly I would say that if it was fainter it is probably your levels still dropping :hugs:

Morning everyone,

Just a quick update, did another test this morning and it was positive but so faint I can barely tell if there is a line. I'm a teeny bit disappointed it's not a new pregnancy but pleased that my body's getting back to normal.

Thanks for everyone's advice and support, here's to sticky beans all round soon! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->