HPT's, OPK's and BFP's, oh my!

aspiringmum

Reaction score
So I know there has been much debate about using an OPK as an early pregnancy test. When I had #1, my OPK was glaring positive before I was able to get a BFP on an HPT. My question is - will this always be the case for me? Is there anyone out there who always has tested pos. on OPK before HPT for multiple different pregnancies? Or have you ever tested pos before one and not before the other? I know some women NEVER get a pos OPK when they're preg and some do...

I guess my question is - will I always be able to use that as a reliable measure since it worked the first time? Or is it possible that it was just a fluke?

Hey!
Interesting debate I would say. I got a positive OPK before a HPT before but then I have also had one before AF was due as apparently you have a higher level of LH in your system before your period arrives.
So in my experience I would say OPKs definatley are not reliable in detecting pregnancy. Since my positive OPK before AF, I won't use them in that way anymore 😊

I had a similar experience last month - pos. OPK before AF arrived. I was so sure I was going to get a BFP! This month - stark spanking white neg on the OPK and I'm due for AF in a day or so. It seems like it's really not a reliable indicator for anything for me!

I had a stark white opk when i was pregnant, so anything's possible with those! I wouldn't trust them as a pregnancy indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->