HR, working and reasonable time off for dependants...

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm on maternity leave at the moment but will be returning to work part time when ds is around a year. I can schedule his physio and ot appointments on days I'm off work but obviously paediatrican and neurologist appointments, although less frequent, I have less control over. Also ds's ot mentioned week long intensive workshops when he's a bit older that happen 6 monthly. Does anyone know what my rights are for time off while he has these appointments or sessions?

Hi superfrizbee
I will be in a similar position when I return to work. First you need to check your company's policy on time off. They might state that they offer x amount of paid days off for dependents in a 12 moth period and anything over that has to be taken as unpaid leave.

You have the right to dependancy leave, you dont get paid for it but if you look on gov.uk it will tell you a little more about it. It used to be up to 8 weeks a year but I've got a feeling it has gone up recently.

Hmm in not sure Hun but I have read a few people's posts where their given x amount of days paid time off for dependants. It would be worth asking before you go back or if you have a copy of your contract Hun it should be on there somewhere xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->