HSG experiences

beemeck

Full time mommy
Reaction score
Hi girls!

I finally got a referral for an HSG! I know I shouldn't be THAAAAT excited for it, but I'm just glad to get this ball rolling and that just happens to be my first step.

I've still got 3 weeks to go since I saw my doc yesterday at the beginning of this cycle, so I wanted to hear about your experiences with it. Not so much the pain or physical part because I hear such a wide range and it must depend on the women or the techs doing the test, but more about the nitty gritty.

1. I looked up some stuff yesterday and saw a wealth of info on women who got pregnant immediately following their HSG. I'm a realist though, and I want to hear all experiences, not just the happily ever after stories. I def don't wanna get my hopes up for an instant bfp when they really aren't that common.

2. Was there anything found with HSG and if so what was the "treatment"? Seems like there can be such a variety of problems diagnosed with HSG that I'd rather just get real women's stories. My docs are going to try this in an attempt to look at/clear out my cervix, which isn't really the point of an HSG but I have a very rare situation so they are just going to try it. They also want to see my uterus to find out if there is an implantation issue since the one pregnancy I had bypassed my uterus and implanted in my cervix. So just wondering if anyone's HSG's resulted in finding something other than a blocked tube.

thanks in advance girls!! :hugs::hugs:

I had mine last month. I have read the success stories as well and am still hopefull. I had some slight cramping as the dye was injected bur was fine after. They said that my tubes were clear but I could definitely see a difference on the left compared to the right as in how much dye was coming out. So I'm hoping that this helped in this crazy journey. Good luck!!!!!!!

I had one done back in November 2014 since my RE of course wanted my tubes checked. It made me O 1 day earlier than normal (I've heard it can make you O earlier or later than normal) and nope, didn't get pregnant within those 3 months after, even though for 1 of them I had an IUI done.

Both tubes were clear so nothing was found. DH and I were diagnosed unexplained infertility after an SA and my hormone blood tests. BTW went through 6 failed IUIs with injectables, 1 IVF that ended in CP and am currently about 6 weeks pregnant after IVF #2. So DH and I do most likely have an unknown issue with the sperm and egg meeting (since there was high fertilisation rates with both IVFs), they can't test for everything even with today's technology.

I had mine last month. I have read the success stories as well and am still hopefull. I had some slight cramping as the dye was injected bur was fine after. They said that my tubes were clear but I could definitely see a difference on the left compared to the right as in how much dye was coming out. So I'm hoping that this helped in this crazy journey. Good luck!!!!!!!

thank you for your response!! any updates on this cycle? was there any interesting discussion about it in your follow up? :hugs:

I had one done back in November 2014 since my RE of course wanted my tubes checked. It made me O 1 day earlier than normal (I've heard it can make you O earlier or later than normal) and nope, didn't get pregnant within those 3 months after, even though for 1 of them I had an IUI done.

Both tubes were clear so nothing was found. DH and I were diagnosed unexplained infertility after an SA and my hormone blood tests. BTW went through 6 failed IUIs with injectables, 1 IVF that ended in CP and am currently about 6 weeks pregnant after IVF #2. So DH and I do most likely have an unknown issue with the sperm and egg meeting (since there was high fertilisation rates with both IVFs), they can't test for everything even with today's technology.

kat - such helpful info about the possible moving of O date! That's definitely one thing I hadn't read. And I stopped reading about it anyway after too many immediate success stories. Can you tell I'm all about self - preservation? :haha:

I'm so sorry you had such a long and hard process TTC. HUGE congratulations on your current pregnancy!!! :happydance::happydance: It's crazy now knowing all of the details I know that anyone ever gets pregnant - let alone millions of people accidentally.... :dohh: I watched "The Great Sperm Race" toward the beginning of this journey and was like.....huh? This seems impossible! :dohh:

I'm definitely frightened of the diagnosis of unexplained fertility, but your story (although long and hard) gives me hope. The crazy thing is I was THAT person that got pregnant on month ONE of ttc. Everything went horribly wrong and now here I am and no one knows what to do with me :shrug:

so first step: HSG! :ninja:

kat - such helpful info about the possible moving of O date! That's definitely one thing I hadn't read. And I stopped reading about it anyway after too many immediate success stories. Can you tell I'm all about self - preservation? :haha:

I'm so sorry you had such a long and hard process TTC. HUGE congratulations on your current pregnancy!!! :happydance::happydance: It's crazy now knowing all of the details I know that anyone ever gets pregnant - let alone millions of people accidentally.... :dohh: I watched "The Great Sperm Race" toward the beginning of this journey and was like.....huh? This seems impossible! :dohh:

I'm definitely frightened of the diagnosis of unexplained fertility, but your story (although long and hard) gives me hope. The crazy thing is I was THAT person that got pregnant on month ONE of ttc. Everything went horribly wrong and now here I am and no one knows what to do with me :shrug:

so first step: HSG! :ninja:

Thanks bee:flower: Trying to take things easy and not get too excited or emotionaly invested as my mc risk is still a bit too high for my liking at this point so remaining cautiously optimistic. Think I'll feel better if everything looks good at my 8 week scan on March 2nd.

Yeah it's totally crazy. I remember a really nice nurse at the IUI clinic I went to that said she couldn't understand why there are so many people when you think about it so she agrees with you:winkwink: I never did get to see that video, maybe I should see it anyway:haha:

I'm so sorry that your 1st pregnancy ended that way, that must've been so hard, what crappy luck:hugs: I didn't get pregnant on my 1st cycle but strongly suspect I experienced a CP on my 7th natural cycle back in April 2014, guess that was a spot of luck we even got that far naturally given how our IUIs went:wacko: I do hope that it'll be an easy fix and they can help you get your sticky BFP very soon. I can tell you that unexplained is the worst diagnosis, especially when trying to explain to family and friends why we haven't been able to do it naturally, people just hear it as "nothing is wrong":dohh: I can't tell you how many times my super fertile MIL has told me "just relax and it'll happen":dohh: I'd have preferred it if they'd found an issue, would be easier to explain to people:nope:

Anyway I really hope your HSG goes well and that everything looks good:thumbup:

thanks so much Kat. It's def really frustrating every time a test comes back normal and I tell my Mom and she's like "see, it's fine! stop worrying". I'm not sure if it's just never occurred to her that everything could come back fine and I still won't conceive. :shrug:

one more question! do you have to abstain from dtd for a set number of days post HSG? I really don't want to miss a month TTC!

thanks so much Kat. It's def really frustrating every time a test comes back normal and I tell my Mom and she's like "see, it's fine! stop worrying". I'm not sure if it's just never occurred to her that everything could come back fine and I still won't conceive. :shrug:

one more question! do you have to abstain from dtd for a set number of days post HSG? I really don't want to miss a month TTC!

Yep most people don't get it:nope: Unexplained is so hard because people don't think there's any problem and you just need to relax or take a vacation or whatever:dohh:

As for BDing after an HSG, I was given the green light right away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->