HSG Painful? Followed by IUI (due to pH issues)

Annunaki

Codenia's Stepmom!!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My husband and I are planing to try this Dec if my HSG goes well. Has anyone had this test? Can you tell me what is was like? I'm a little nervous. If this goes well we will be trying IUI to get pregnant because his and my pH mixing brings about BV/ possible semen allergy (getting tested). I have no idea what to expect from either of these procedures.

Anyone want to share their experiences? Thank you :)

My HSG was uncomfortable, I did feel some pain but literally only lasted about 2 seconds. They say you may have spotting after, I didn't. Hope everything goes well for you.

For me it was not comfortable. My sister had one and she said hers was fine. It's really a person to person thing.

Hi,
I had 2 HSGs done and they were uncomfortable (not extremely painful though) but was over really fast. As for IUI, I had 4 and they were not painful or uncomfortable at all.
I am just wondering if HSG is really necessary for you since you haven`t started TTC. My understanding is that the test is usually recommended for people who are struggling to conceive. Maybe your doctors have a good reason, but probably wont hurt to ask the reason behind doing HSG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->