Hubby doesn't like the names I like!

stellababy

Reaction score
Every time I suggest​ a name the hubby doesn't like it.

We agreed on Benjamin for a middle name, so that's some progress!

The names I love Eric or Alex for first names he doesn't agree. It's so hard with boys names, I don't like too many of them to begin with, and he vetoes everything!

This is very frustrating as he doesn't suggest anything himself..

Any advice here? Should I just refer to the bump as Eric? Lol

We are in the same boat! Always are with all our children lol. Boys seem so so much harder though! We always eventually find one we both like. We don't even have a middle name if it makes you feel better lol.
I will find one I really like, then suggest it only for it to get shot down. Gets very frustrating.

We couldn't agree for ds3 so we were constantly on websites or reading baby name books until something just seemed to stick even though oh wasn't too keen initially and now (ds3 is 2 this week) I couldn't picture him being called anything else

Its difficult! I like Aidan & liam for boys but oh hates them. The only girls name is likes for if we ever have another girl is Mia. I also love it but i love many others. It's definitely tricky but its got to be something you both like so he has to meet you half way xx

At least you agreed on the middle name, like you said some progress! Definitely just keep looking and hopefully the two of you can come to an agreement. I personally, have to be in control all the time...I don't have any kids, but I have a couple names picked out for when that day comes and I probably won't be so lenient! Haha After awhile, if he still hasn't suggested a name of his own, I would just name the baby what you want!

Me and my OH are the same, in the end we made a list of all the names we liked but there was only 2 we could agree on:haha:
I've said if we have another boy I want to call him Jesse but he doesn't like it, boys names seem to be much harder than girls.

Yesterday he finally agreed on Alex! He said if we don't come up with anything better in the next 2.5 months lol

So it looks like Alexander Benjamin for this little one!

I wrote down 23 boys names this week, DH said no, no, no!!! Pulling my hair out! He doesn't suggest anything so it really does start to get frustrating! Xx

I wrote down 23 boys names this week, DH said no, no, no!!! Pulling my hair out! He doesn't suggest anything so it really does start to get frustrating! Xx

Ugh that's annoying.. hope you guys can come to an agreement

I think my OH is going to cause me some issues, we are still early days so I've got a while to convince him but everything I mention at the moment he hates :dohh:

Yesterday he finally agreed on Alex! He said if we don't come up with anything better in the next 2.5 months lol

So it looks like Alexander Benjamin for this little one!

I love the name Alexander! That's my nephew's name and he's the sweetest little guy. :)

My DH and I had a horrible time agreeing on names. There were only 2 he wanted - Philip and Everett. I vetoed Philip because I can't stand the nickname Phil. Despite suggesting hundreds of names, my OH wouldn't budge or offer any other suggestions. Our son is named Everett :haha: I love his name now but it was so frustrating trying to get DH to work with me on finding a name. If we have another boy, he's probably never going to be named :haha:

I think my OH is going to cause me some issues, we are still early days so I've got a while to convince him but everything I mention at the moment he hates :dohh:

I actually think guys are often not terribly fussed until it gets closer to crunch time. Then it becomes a puzzle to solve. I know, for me it was very important to try the names out in my head for a while before choosing as I wanted to be certain I could stand the name being said ad infinitum. In my case, things were a bit easier as I didn't have to take into account a partner.

It's definitely a good idea to try it out for a while. We were all agreed on Lucas in the early days, but changed our minds. I just can't see myself calling Lucas Lucas across the playground lol
Also we are bilingual and Luke means Onion in our language.

So far loving Alex and have 2.5 months to change my mind

I actually think guys are often not terribly fussed until it gets closer to crunch time. Then it becomes a puzzle to solve. I know, for me it was very important to try the names out in my head for a while before choosing as I wanted to be certain I could stand the name being said ad infinitum. In my case, things were a bit easier as I didn't have to take into account a partner.

It's definitely a good idea to try it out for a while. We were all agreed on Lucas in the early days, but changed our minds. I just can't see myself calling Lucas Lucas across the playground lol
Also we are bilingual and Luke means Onion in our language.

So far loving Alex and have 2.5 months to change my mind

Yeh that's why I keep trying out names so I've got time to change my mind/see how I feel about it. With DD3 I changed my mind like 2 weeks before she was born and we had had her name from 16 weeks so no doubt what I like now will change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->