hubby gone crazy :/

babymama86

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im new here and this is my first post :) im 17 wks pregnant with our first baby who we tried for 8months to concieve. im in need of advice as my hubby has just started to become a little unfair, long story short i was fired unfairly at about 7 wks pregnant and have been in an unfair dismissal battle up until last week so i have been unemployed for over 2 months. Im terrified to look for work while im pregnant and my hubby doesnt seem to support the fact that i simply dont feel that i am able to go back to work while im pregnant. i know im physically capable but i dont feel that i will handle it emotionally after the way i was fired from my job of 2 years where i managed a retail store.

I dont know if im being unreasonable in my expectations of not having to work (my husband earns a very good wadge) just wanted some mums and mums to be's opinions on this as i dont know if im being selfish! I should also mention that im studying primary school teaching at the moment.

Sorry for the loooong post and thank you to everyone in advance! Xx

Try to talk to you husband. Having in your situation is not that easy as they think. Explain to him all your hardships in your pregnancy and try to convince him with what you want for the sake of your health as well as the baby. Good luck.

^ Agreed, I think it sounds like he is simply not understanding how it is for you, and calm communication is the only way to solve that. :flower:

he is being unreasonable but the short of it is you probably wouldn't get employed anyway, even if you wanted to. x

Thanks ladies!
Its nice to know im not just being unreasonable, im shoked im even in.this situation because he is an amazingly supportive husband, i just cant seem to get it through his thick head lol! I will keep trying to calmly speak to him and hopefully he will come around why are they so difficult sometimes!:dohh:

:hugs:

You actually have to work for a certain length of time before you can claim a maternity package in most places so...by the time you applied, had the interview been successful and started (bearing in mind you are pregnant so the likihood is small really) you wouldn't be in work for that long anyway really?

i started working last time when i was 7 weeks pregnant.. and ended up having to leave at 20 weeks, as i was so ill i was put on bedrest..

maybe speak to your husband, and just say, you'll do your bit round the house, as he'll be the only one working, but you want to rest too, maybe go to some pregnancy groups, get things ready for having a baby, you're probably feeling very tired etc.

also having a baby is a big change to your life - if you can meet other people in your position, and get to know them, maybe you and OH could enjoy having people to meet with, and share baby stories, and labour stories with?

and that if you had your way, of course you would still be working - and to be honest.. now you're 17 weeks - by the time you start applying you'll have started to show - and at an interview, nobody is going to employ somebody they know will be off for up to 52 weeks will they? - so i doubt you'll get one, and the knock backs are unnecessary..

explain to him you do intend to go back to work, but at the moment it's not realistic..

I think he's being unfair. If he doesn't see your point just tell him your going for job interviews and then while you'r supposed to be at an interview go and treat your self with a nice coffee and cake somewhere and make sure he paid for it ;)

Lol @ Sparkle ive thought about that quite a few times! Thats great advice everyone thank u so muc.

I should probobly add that we live in australia and we moved to a new state 5 months ago so our family and friends are all 5 hours away by plane :/ not fun! Were a defence family so that makes it that bit harder, my hubby is fantastic but hes just become this over opinionated sob lately and its not what i need right now! I had really severe morning sickness and was plastered to the bed until about 12 wks which has taken me a whie to bounce back.

We are both extatic about baby and we havent been this close in a long time, i just wish he would stop and realise hes not right about everything argh!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->