Hubby's tooth infection affecting sperm?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My husband had a root canal filling on Tuesday due to a severely infected tooth, he's had a fever on and off for months and severe toothache, and so this summer he has been taking painkillers and antibiotics like they are sweets! He's just finishing his 3rd course of penicillin in the last 6 weeks.

We've been TTC since April and getting so frustrated as our son was so easy to conceive when we were actually preventing.

I've been blaming myself and my short luteal phase but I just read that both fever and antibiotics diminish sperm production. :( and also that it takes 75-80 days to replenish... So even if this does fix his problems (which the dentist isn't convinced of) it will be 3 cycles until this infection is out of his system spermwise :'(

I am gutted.

Yes any infection can negatively affect sperm but the only way to know for sure if it is to get a semen analysis done. also some studies have found sperm production takes 46-74 days. its been about 70 days since clomid tanked my husbands numbers and SA is starting to look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->