Hungry Baby...

Teri

1st Time Mum to DS
Reaction score
Hey All.. hope u an LO's are all well ...

I no u all get this question 100's of times but

I dont see my HV and everytime i speak to one at Kobe's clinic they all say different things so im stuck and confused

Kobe has about 8 bottles a day of 5oz/150ml he doesnt always finish the last 1/2oz/15ml so weve not upped his feed to 6oz/180ml because he leaves to much of it...
we tried the hungrier milk and he was constantly sick on it...

my mum had him for the day and fed him well attempted some kinda fruit puree and rusks :hissy: which i went mad at because im a first time mum and i wish to give my child his first feed and i wasnt sure he was ready at this age... not being selfish but he is my child my mum never listens to me!!

what would you guys advise to help as Kobe still wakes in the night at 10, 2 and 5?!?!

Thanks in advance xxx

Caitlyn still wakes 5 times in the night and she's on solids. Solids don't fix sleeping problems firstly, so get that out of your head. Pureed fruit should only be given after (I believe) 20 weeks of age, may be slightly less.

However, rusks are fine if he's holding it himself as he won't get much of it in his mouth at this stage. If he isn't showing weaning signs, he doesn't need to be weaned.

Sorry if that came across the wrong way. I notice it seems abit blunt! Totally friendly advice :hugs: You are his mum and you will know when he's ready for food.

I agree that weaning is not a way to make a baby sleep better - it only is if they have previously been GOOD sleepers and start waking. I think upping the milk is the right thing to do for now, and if he still seems unsettled maybe try weaning if he is showing signs of being ready.(like baby rice or rusk mixed in bowl with milk.) x

I gave my LO some baby oatmeal from nestle around 3 months old ..maybe a tiny spoon to start with and he wasent ready till 3 weeks later ..see what his reaction is with a spoon if he is showing signs then go for it :)

Sometimes solids can help... sometimes you just need to see if giing them a dummy in the night will help spread the feeds out. Jasmines was waking but not eating much so I tried giving her her dummy and it worked, if she really is hungry the dummy wont work. She has been sleeping 7 hours straight in the night now.

You could try small amounts of baby oatmeal, my doctor said it is ok for some at 3 months, the issue is constipation because of the iron increase if they arnt ready. But every baby developes differently.

THe one thing I'd say (and it's just opinion) is that if you do anything make sure it's gluten free. Things that say suitable from 4 months aren't always!

I agree with the others though that it probably won't solve his sleeping problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->