Husband is sick.. How can I prevent

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 Littles and One Angel
Reaction score
Hello everyone 👋
My husband is sick with a cold and it seems to be getting worse for him. How can I avoid catching it from him? I'm 22 weeks and I haven't gotten a flu shot. Besides keeping hands washed and drinking fluids what should I do? I will contact my Dr if I notice any symptoms in myself, just hoping to try to prevent that in the first place

If it's possible, sleep separately until it's passed a bit. It's easy to catch germs off bedsheets. Also, don't share any drinking glasses or cutlery or anything obviously. And don't kiss him haha. I'm really careful not to get ill in pregnancy even if it's just a cold because it hits your weakened immune system hard PLUS you can't take all the medicines you usually would so you end up feeling really crappy. But like you say just plenty of hand washing (him especially) is probably the single most important thing.

If he has flu id ring the dr. If he has a cold virus then theres not much you can do other than eat well abd wash your hands and drink plenty. My 2 year olds been full of cold since saturday and now ive got the sore throat and blocked nose starting., i hate winter for this reason sickness bugs also! I never ever got a sickness bug till my daughter turned one. I ended up with 3 last year.

Hope you dont get sick xx

The flu and the cold aren't the same thing, so if he has a regular old cold, I wouldn't be too concerned and I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it. The cold won't harm you or baby when you're pregnant. When my husband has a cold I do make sure I get extra vitamin C and zinc (zinc is in my pregnancy vitamin, but I take extra vitamin c each day, usually 1000 mg). I also am careful to wash my hands and I won't kiss him until he's better. But that's mostly because I have a very full on career and work long hours and cannot afford to be sick. I do that anyway, pregnant or not, just because I can't spare the time off or an unproductive, miserable day.

Assuming you're in the northern hemisphere, it's not really flu season yet, so it's unlikely he has the flu (especially if he is functioning in any way, he would be in bef for a week or two with the flu). Flu season starts roughly in November, and you can get your flu shot from early to mid October usually (I get one every year). So that's always a good precaution, especially for winter babies, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->