Hyperemesis 3rd pregnancy

mrsdalby

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to all this :).

Just found out we are expecting our 3rd child. I have 1 boy age 4 and a daughter age 2.5. I suffered severe hyperemesis with both pregnancies was hospitalised form week 6 till around week 18 with both. Was put on sickness drugs, iv fluids and even given steroids nothing worked.

I am just terrified of it all starting again. I'm now 5 weeks pregnant and just sat hear waiting for it rear it's ugly head.

Is anyone going through the same? Just feel like I need so done to talk to who understands what it's like.

Thank you for listening :flower:

Pregnancy sickness support uk can provide support if you're in the UK.
An organisation called helpher (one word) are US based. My sister dealt with this through two pregnancies and didn't risk a third. She found acupuncture gave her a week's relief at a time x

Hi, I have it for the 3rd time too :(

I managed to stay out of hospital with my second and so far with this pregnancy by starting meds before my sickness got bad, this time I started them at 5+1 weeks.

I still feel awful but can keep food down, fluids aren't as easy so I've been eating soup and fruit to get fluid that way.

I've read that research is now showing that starting meds before symptoms begin does help, maybe see your doc.

I'm counting the days until I'm 16 weeks, that's when it stopped last time. With my first preg it was 30 weeks.

Xxx

This is my 3rd pregnancy and 3rd time feeling sick all the time and having hard time keeping food down. I am on Zofran, and unisom, in hopes of at least staying hydrated. It is so HARD!! This is my least favorite part of pregnancy, and unless others have been sick they have no idea what it is like! Taking care of myself and my two kids is extremely difficult! I ask my mom for help whenever I need it and my husband has been helping as much as he can. He works opposite shifts as me though so I am usually on my own. Half the time I just want to cry and get everyone in bed at 6pm so I can try to feel somewhat normal again by sleeping as much as possible. My first pregnancy this lasted for the entire 41 weeks, the second time around it was for the first 20 weeks only, so I am praying that at 10 weeks things will turn around (super wishful thinking but it makes me feel better). Hope you are doing okay, and you will get through it and in the end have a beautiful baby!

Thank you girlinyork I will take a look im based in the uk and never knew about them.

Mrsmitch80 and blizzy im so sorry you are going through this again. Its such a horrible illness so hard and debilitating. Just got to set my mind on what we get at the end and its all so worth it.

How far along are you both?

I just pray that this time is not as bad as my 1st two I cant see how it can get any worse.

Mrsmitch80 was your doctor happy giving you the meds before the sickness started? im going back on Monday as the nausea has set in just no sickness as yet and im 5w1d. Iv read so much research that suggests starting medication early can massively help.

Thank you so much for your reply's

Yes, I was ready to demand them but didn't need to.

Before I had my second lo I miscarried at 11 weeks and had been given the meds for that pregnancy, when I fell pregnant soon after I started taking them at the first sign of sickness.

I told my doctor this when I went recently and said starting them early kept me out of hospital, luckily she seemed quite well up on hyperemesis and agreed that I should start them straight away xx

I am 6 weeks 3 days today. I have also been very sick with my previous pregnancies so the second I started feeling sick I put a message into my doctor and got a script for Zofran to start right away. She knows how bad it gets for me and everyday can be a struggle. It is hard enough to get out of bed most days. Just one day at a time right? Once baby is here most of the sickness will be forgotten (as I don't remember this feeling being quite so horrible, I convinced myself it was just fine and I managed with 2 pregnancies so hoe horrible could a 3rd be?)

Sorry for the late reply the sickness has started but by no means Is it Hyperemesis yet.

I took a trip to the doctors and she was really nice about it and gave me an injection of cyclizine to get me going and some in tablet form too. These didn't work last time but iv never started taking them this early on before, so im hoping this may give me a kick start In keeping me out of hospital.

She said for me to go straight back if I were not coping so I guess its just a waiting game.

Hope you girls are feeling okay its so horrible but the end result is just amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->