Hyperemesis with twins, not with singleton??

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have twins who are 3.5yo. During my pregnancy i suffered Hyperemesis Gravidarum from 6 weeks until 3 weeks after giving birth. I was on maxlon three times a day, ondansatron (zofran) twice a day, phenergan on a night.. didnt help clearly.. i was in and out of hosp the whole time.. and 2 days after giving birth, i weighed 12kg less than before i fell pregnant (i was not overweight to begin with so i looked very sickly). We swore we would never do it again.. but here we are, with two gorgeous boys, and going back for our third in july this year (starting to try anyway).

It took a long time for DH to commit to another one, as we now have the twins to think about and he was terrified of me being sick again. I have tried to reassure him with what my GP has said, which is that i was probably only so sick because i was carrying multiples and probably wouldnt be AS sick next time (although we may get twins again as they were spontaneous our first month of ttc and i was 23).

Since he got on board tho, i am TERRIFIED of the thought of HG again.. i couldnt look after myself let alone twin 4yo's...

Had anyone had HG with their multiples and then had a singleton and not suffered?

Need some happy stories here! Lol

Thanks!!

It's totally possible that you wont suffer so badly this time around!

I suffered horrendously during my pregnancy with my daughter, and the registrar at the hospital said that it is very likely I will suffer with my next pregnancy, but obviously it's not guaranteed.

Sorry I can't give you the kind of story you were looking for, but there is hope :)

I only have my mom's experience to share... she had HG in her pregnancy with me. I was a twin. She was still till 20 weeks+ but then started getting better. She had no such symptoms with her subsequent singleton pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->