Hyperthyroidism

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's by any chance anyone else pregnant with an overactive thyroid?

Won't go on about cause if there's not then there's not much point in speaking about it. xx

Sorry hun, I'm the other way- hypothyroid. At the moment anyway- my TSH has been a bit erratic!

I have an under active thyroid in pregnancy. Sorry!

I have an underactive thyroid too. Wish I could help!

My friend has hypothyrosis,an under active thyroid...I think thats worse because she gains weight easily and she has a very low sex drive...

I think that if people with hypo can get pregnant,people with hyper can also...

hyper is the more dangerous and difficult to control- hypo is easy to live with usually!

Sorry mine is hypo too. It's been controllable, but about 3 weeks ago went way out of whack. They said its normal for pregnancy. Had to up my meds big time. There are alot of good web sights out there for pregnanct women with hypo and hyper. I was border line with both 5 years ago. Then they did radioavtive iodine and it destroyed thyroid causing hypo.

I'm trying hard to stay away from the websites about hyperthyroid and pregnancy, a bit scary.
My endo doesn't seem concerned though, thyroid levels aren't too bad nothing like they were when I was first diagnosed before got pregnant. I was down to 46kg and very very ill at the time but now am 64kg and feel great. It's just the worry of what could be wrong with the baby when it's born, there's quite a few things that could be wrong.
Oh well, guess I'm all alone on this one. https://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

i do understand your worries though. It is hard when their are situations that could cause concern. I am 40 and so there are risks involved with my pregnancy, and I have been worried all through the preg. At 6 weeks I had a hemorage in uterus with a 20% chance of miscarriage, chose not to have genetic tests at 13 weeks, at 25 weeks had a tear in placenta and spotting, now the baby might be breach. But I keep looking at all we've made it through and focus on the good. She's a tough little girl. There are risks, but most babies are born fine. Think positive, and I will be thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->