Hypnobirthing- CD vs Classes

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has/ is trying hypnobirthing and if you are doing it at home with the CD or in a class? I'm thinking of taking the classes but want to know if it's worth the money...

HI there

I am going to go to Hypnobirthing classes once I'm further on (about 9wks so far). They were recommended to me by a friend who is a midwife. She said that in her experience, the woman she had worked with who had had hypnobirthing tuition were less paniky in labour. She recommended them to me particularly as I want a home birth, and feels that they are still helpful, but slightly less so in a hospital environment. (please note this was her personal opinion).

I ave a found a class I want to attend - she's qualified as a hypnobirthing person as well as having trained as a midwife.

I haven't pinned her down to a final cost - but we are talking at least £200 - 300 for the 5 sessions, but this includes all course materials etc.

HTH

I've found a lady in my town who does the classes too, hers are $395 Au. I am still waiting on my mw to call back and let me know her opinion, but I think if it will help me let go of my fears of labour and get correct breathing techniques then it'll be worth it.

I've been listening to some downloaded CD's I got off of Amazon.com. I'm not sure how much they will help during labor yet but it does help when I get stressed now.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/30855-hypnosis-birth.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->