Hypnobirthing using just book & CD? Not classes

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently bought the Hypnobirthing book which comes with a relaxation CD (The Morgan Method), but it does mention throughout the book about 'practising these techniques with your practitioner in your classes' quite a lot.

Has anyone successfully used some Hypnobirthing techniques without attending classes? In our area the classes are roughly £295 and its an added expense we could do without if possible!

I really believe that the human body was designed to birth naturally and that we can cope if we stay in a relaxed positive frame of mind, but as I am planning a home water birth, I am a little worried about not knowing what Im doing if Ive just read the book and practised myself without a tutor?

Any advice, experiences?

Thanks x

i read the book and had a cd, didnt go to classes and still found the techniques very usefull and practiced them during labour. the only thing i didnt do was breath the baby out, my body took over and i pushed for my life ha ha, but otherwise it was brilliant.

I read the book and CD at 35 weeks and went on to have an amazing birth. I have since trained as a practitioner and would recommend that you do the classes as there is so much to be gained from the personal interaction with a practitioner, it is well worth the money. :winkwink:

This is a home study version for a fraction of the price :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/509198-home-study-hypno-birth.html

I've bought the same book/cd combo and won't be going to classes as they are also around $300 here and we just can't afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->