hypnobirthing your experiences please, plus some silly questions from me!

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
hello everybody, i have my hypnobirthing CD purchased https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natal-Hypn...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247916328&sr=8-1

and listened to it at 2am when i couldn't sleep, it really did help to relax me, but i kept on having to change positions due to pain from over doing it and aggravating SPD and sciatica..... but i don't know if it relaxed me enough to be any good?

how often should i use the CD?

should i listen to the during labour one as well or save that for the day?

in what state should i feel, i a still aware of things around me?

will i get better the more i listen to it?

did you find it helpful for your birth?

Hi... I just wanted to post in your thread - I created a thread yesterday about hypnobirthing and still have received no responses. I just ordered Hypnobabies and am excited to get it in the mail.

If you don't get any good answers on this website, go on Baby Center's Community Forums/Groups and they have a ton of women who have all the information and experience you are looking for! It's a great resource.

thanks sweety, i asked my MW about it and she said she's witnessed one lady use it and that it didn't fully work but she coped extremly well

I have the birth prep cd by this lady, it's really good, I really relax to it but usually fall asleep! Oops! I read somewhere this is ok as your not actually asleep your in a state of hypnosis but I beg to differ, I'd say I'm asleep ha ha! It must be hard with the pain, j
Have you tried loads of cusions to support or lying in the position you go to bed in? I can't say if it works in birth I've not used this before but when I was in labour with Imogen I used visualisation anyway so hopefully this will make it even better! I listen to it 2-3 times a week at the moment and it says daily in the last few weeks, during this time maybe alternate with the during labour cd as well, then Id of thought it will help you associate that music etc with the relaxation you had listening to it before labour iykwim. I think I'll get that one too and aternate, I can imagine listening to same cd everyday will get a bit tedious. Xxx

I used the "birth preparation cd" in the lead up to Toby's birth, i listened to it a couple of times a week from 32 weeks onwards, increasing towards the end so that by the time i went into labour (at 38+1) i was listening to it maybe every other day.

I have to confess that i didn't actually get to use it during labour, in the sense that things didn't go to plan so my natal hypnotherapy on my ipod was the last thing on my mind! But that doesn't mean i didn't find it helpful- i found that it made me suuuuuper relaxed and chilled out in the lead up to the birth, no matter how much people tried to scare me with their horror stories, and i felt very positive going into it all. Plus at the very start of labour when my contractions were my own (i.e. before i was started on synto to speed things up) i was managing very well with just breathing and swaying, so i wouldn't say it was useless, i just didn't really get into it as much as i'd imagined i would iykwim?

This time i have the home birth prep cd (last time i used the hospital/birth centre one, but i have found the only difference is that she actually mentions the journey to your place of birth in the hospital one, whereas she mentions enjoying being in your own home on the home one) and i started it a bit later this time (although i intended to start it earlier! :dohh: ) I've been doing it a lot more often this time though, i'm 36 weeks now and already listening to it mostly every day. Sometimes if it's late and i'm in bed listening to it, i do feel myself dozing off but i am usually aware enough to jostle myself back to concentrating on the words iykwim?

I am not sure about other people but for me, when i am listening to it, i am still aware of things around me (last night i heard my dog barking at the neighbours during the session for e.g. :lol:) but i am zoned-out, in a very relaxed state.

I've just ordered the labour companion cd yesterday so when that arrives i'll make a point of listening to it a couple of times so that i am familiar with the tracks when it comes to the big day.

HTH and hope it turns out to be useful for you! :flower:

ive got the hospital/birth centre one and was wondering what the difference would be and was gonna buy the HB one! glad you put this as for the sake of one minite out of the track i might as well keep on with this one! xx

Yeah that's literally the only difference- instead of talking about making the journey to the place where you will give birth and being happy with the team around you, she just says that as the labour progresses you enjoy being in your own home and are comforted by the familiar sights around you and she specifically mentions "midwives" rather than "team" but that's it!

did you listen to the labour tracks at all before the big day????

did you listen to the labour tracks at all before the big day????

I didn't have the labour cd last time, but i've ordered it this time and i am going to listen to it before i go into labour so that i am familiar with it when it comes to the real thing :thumbup:

how often should i use the CD?
I think I used it a few times a week and increased to daily in the last couple of months.

should i listen to the during labour one as well or save that for the day?
Do you mean the music only CD? I didn't listen to this til my labour started, but the second day of labour I was too busy to listen again.

in what state should i feel, i a still aware of things around me?
Some days I felt like it was 'working', other days my mind wondered and I doubted it would work. I'd hear stuff going on outside and start getting annoyed sometimes!

will i get better the more i listen to it?
I still had 'off' days towards the end but I noticed that the images I created in my mind were clearer and easier to imagine.

did you find it helpful for your birth?
Yes, definitely! Even though the delivery didn't go to plan and I didn't get to have my baby at the place I wanted, I can honestly say I enjoyed the labour and have fond memories of it, probably because I stayed so relaxed throughout that I stayed at home til my waters broke, which was 30 hours into the labour. And when things got manic at the delivery, I felt completely focused on the task and didn't panic, which I believe was down to the hypnotherapy.

Also, I recommend the book that goes with the CD's, it was really interesting and helped reinforce the practice.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->