• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hypothyroidism Diagnosed in 3rd Trimester

StarBrites

Reaction score
Today I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and will be taking 137mcg of levothyroxine 1x/day. Anyone else diagnosed during their third trimester? I'm 37 weeks on Sunday. Doctor says we have to monitor baby at birth and make sure everything is okay. I'm a little worried about the risks of stillbirth with hypothyroidism since I am getting treated for it so late. I can't stop crying because I'm scared something is going to happen to her :cry:

TSH was 3.13 and FT4 0.81

I had it too but I did not know, in fact I got up 30kg during pregnancy without eating too much and the doctor only realized in my last 4 weeks I did not take anything and my baby was born perfectly without any trouble ,just at 38+3 weeks I am on thyroxine now and have been since I had her 4 years ago

Today I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and will be taking 137mcg of levothyroxine 1x/day. Anyone else diagnosed during their third trimester? I'm 37 weeks on Sunday. Doctor says we have to monitor baby at birth and make sure everything is okay. I'm a little worried about the risks of stillbirth with hypothyroidism since I am getting treated for it so late. I can't stop crying because I'm scared something is going to happen to her :cry:

TSH was 3.13 and FT4 0.81

You should be ok if your started meds, I think the limit in 3rd tri is 3 so you will soon drop below that

Xx

I forgot to update this saying we did further testing and found I had a high number of tpo antibodies- which suggests a thyroid autoimmune disorder. We are doing more tests later and an ultrasound on my thyroid to figure out more. Doctor thinks I will be on medication long term :(

I forgot to update this saying we did further testing and found I had a high number of tpo antibodies- which suggests a thyroid autoimmune disorder. We are doing more tests later and an ultrasound on my thyroid to figure out more. Doctor thinks I will be on medication long term :(

I got them too, caused me ever so many problems, 6 first tri losses!

I had other stuff wrong too but chose to go gluten free to try and reduce the antibodies and it worked :) what was your tpo level

i will be on thyroxine for life x

I had other stuff wrong too but chose to go gluten free to try and reduce the antibodies and it worked :) what was your tpo level

18.5 was my value and it says range is <=9.0 IU/mL
I haven't got to actually talk to my doctor in person about it yet as we've just been communicating through e-mail. I see her Tuesday so I will get to discuss it more with her. The whole thing confuses me :(

18.5 was my value and it says range is <=9.0 IU/mL
I haven't got to actually talk to my doctor in person about it yet as we've just been communicating through e-mail. I see her Tuesday so I will get to discuss it more with her. The whole thing confuses me :(

That doesn't seem to high tbh, our labs may test differently but my tpo
Was 617, dropped to 300 after gluten free

Xx

I think our test units are different :) for my results above 9 is abnormal.
I'm hoping when I get re-tested that this was all just because of pregnancy.

My mom has terrible thyroid issues so I might not be so lucky, but I'm still hoping.

Our range is above 30 so at 617 i was very abnormal, lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->