I actually love my HV!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
whent to get harry weighed today, she was talking about how i need a 4 month home visit appointment for talks about home safety and weaning, i mentioned i wanted too do BLW expecting her too look at me like i had two heads! she was well up for it ran off and got me a DVD about it to borrow!! what a refreshing change for a HV!

Mines the same. Shes fab about my nappies too :D

Yeah she was really interested in his nappies too i was telling her about the real nappy scheme and stuff she was asking if it really worked out cheaper, i told her it can be cheaper but it depends if ur a fluff addict or not! :rofl:

The woman who takes our baby massage is like this......was actually nodding in agreement with me and offering DVD to watch when Im talking about BLW. She was taken with my cloth too...Im taking Theo in his nappy with his name on next week mwahahaha!

i don't that i've ever met my own HV i use everyone elses. I do weigh ins at any one of three clinics depending on my plans for the week.

My hv loved Darwin's green nappy :) She loves me for bf too :thumbup:

My HV is patronising!

her: How are you feeding her
me: bf'ing
her: awww isnt that nice

Nice?! WTF? :rofl:

x

In my pregnancy notes BLWing is actually mentioned. :thumbup:

though one HV at baby group actually said (and I shit you not)
"Oh arent we doing well all these people who BF" I sat there with my mouth hanging open!

:rofl: when i first had Charlie my HV asked ........ohhh wait for it...

"What made you breastfreed?" :shock:

I hope you replied with 'my baby was crying and my boob's were leaking so i figured i might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone!'

When i was exclusively pumping my HV searched to find me a double electric pump - but OH had already bought me one on ebay :)

I hope you replied with 'my baby was crying and my boob's were leaking so i figured i might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone!'

i honestly didnt know what too say! this is almost two years ago here i am 20 years old first baby i was like!! WHAT?! ...i replyed with "well isnt it just nautural?" she went on too ramble about how she never sees any young mums doing it blah blah they were really un supportive so glad i moved there ACE up here!

i honestly didnt know what too say! this is almost two years ago here i am 20 years old first baby i was like!! WHAT?! ...i replyed with "well isnt it just nautural?" she went on too ramble about how she never sees any young mums doing it blah blah they were really un supportive so glad i moved there ACE up here!

Glad your somewhere better now

God at my booking appointment I was being told all about breast feeding and the benefits of it and being encouraged to consider it.

My MW doesn't encourage me to do anything! Never speaks to me about bfing, never spoke to me about ways to get my milk in or anything. :( good to hear there are some good ones out there!

awwwh my hv is really good like that too. infact they touched upon BLW in weaning class they ran

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->