i am having alot of trouble with cloth

dablade

dadof2
Reaction score
i feel like i cant get the nappies right my fiance keeps showing me they are cushie tushies and babyland nappies i think and some other kinds i even managed to put one on backwards once and everytime i do it they leak but not for thier mum i just find its alot to remember like i keep forgeting to add an extra insert thingy ro the nappys at night and i then get a rather grumpy fiance for discovering a wet bed in the middle of the night. i support her desions to switch to cloth esspecially after her telling mme about the chemicals in disposibles and stuff i just can get it right and now shes changing them most the time bc i cant how do i get this right

The best way I've found to help my OH with cloth nappies is to always have some of the ones he finds easiest prepared and ready to put on. I have them in baskets on a shelf and they're all labelled e.g. Night nappies (need a cover), Covers, Day nappies - Flips, Day Nappies - pretties. At first, I always had Flips ready to use and I always put the night nappies on, but once my OH mastered the first kind he got better with the rest and now will put anything on as long as he knows whether they need a cover or not.

I'd pick the ones you find easiest to get right, then ask your OH to always leave those ones for you to use, or if you do the washing, sit down when they've been washed and set them up ready to use. Separate out a couple of night nappies and put their extra boosters in them, then keep them in a different place so you can't get them mixed up. Once you've mastered putting on one kind of nappy properly, the rest will follow :)

ETA - Don't be too hard on yourself either. Sooooo many dads (and mums) manage to get disposables wrong or backwards, even when they only use one different kind!

thankyou i will try that with a bit of my fiances help labeling bc i woulndt have a clue which is what

My OH is happy to put them on our LO, but i always just say after its been used to put it aside and i will sort it in the nappy pall, as some of the nappies will have flushable liners and some won't. I always pre-make the nappies so OH doesn't have to worry about it.

I use pocket nappies so I stuff them, put a liner in them, then roll them up and put them in the nappy basket.
That way, they are 'ready to go'. Not only does my husband find this easier, but so does my mum when she babysits, and to be honest, its a bit of a time saver for me too.

You will get there.

Oh - and WELL DONE on trying.
I know my hubby took a LOT of persuading to put a cloth nappy on, and even now, I sometimes find Daniel in 'paper pants' if hubby has had him all day!!

I pre stuff all my pockets and I always leave the aplix nappies for daddy so when he puts LO in a nappy its no different really than using a sposie :)

Oh and I nearly forgot, when I leave them out ready I fasten them as they will need to be fastened on LO, cos then OH can look at them to see how tight it will need to be before he puts it on. Sometimes LO changes popper settings and he doesn't realise, so this makes it easier, especially if there's a spare one he can compare the baby in the nappy to!

WELL DONE YOU FOR TRYING!

My OH found our nappies baffling at first but now he's a pro and loves him. He also put them on inside out, back to front, too tight and too loose at first :rofl:

Ask your girlfriend to leave you the simplest nappies out stuffed and ready to go. I do that for Garry. And basically, bear this is mind: the tummy being tight isn't as important as the legs being tight- you don't want leaks! And make sure nothing is sticking out of or in the nappy, so the fleece liner is all tucked inside, and the babies clothes aren't tucked inside.

And basically, bear this is mind: the tummy being tight isn't as important as the legs being tight- you don't want leaks!

That's very true! My LO has big chunky legs so the waist is often really quite loose but as long as the legs fit, we have no leaks.

I have to teach my DH over the next few days.... :S

I am going to do some print outs - like with the name of the nappy/description, what kind of nappy it is (pocket requiring an insert, AIO etc) & what he needs to do with it; also I'm going to do a print out with the nappy laundry routine, as we just got a new washing machine & I'm sure he'll manage to do something weird if I ask him to do the cloth laundry ever... :lol: Always best to have the info there, just incase!!

TBH I'm going to be there most of the time anyway, but he won't ask me every time after figuring out a couple of the nappies, so having the info on hand is good. :) I'm going to be stuffing pockets beforehand ANYWAY, so he shouldn't have TOO much of a problem with all this prep in place!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->