I am so confused, postive OPK now what?!

PariB

Reaction score
So this is a positive right? taken day 14 (Thursday 19th) of a preassumed 32 day cycle (according to last 3 cycles), then the lighter line was taken the day later. (Friday 20th)
What does this mean?
When did i ovulated or when will I?

Also forgot to mention that this was my first ever time testing on the thursday as hubby brang them home randomly, so i've never used them! maybe i ovulated earlier?

Attachments

• OPKOPK.jpg
    OPKOPK.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
Ummmm no. Don't look it. Does that pink part cover the tip? If so then the darker lines are the control and lighter the test lines. You need the rest lines to be AS dark OR darker than the control. When that does happen you could ovulate anywhere from up to two days later I believe.

EDIT - I see a C by the darker lines so the darker lines are the control. You need the lines by the T to be as dark or darker to be positive.

Ummmm no. Don't look it. Does that pink part cover the tip? If so then the darker lines are the control and lighter the test lines. You need the rest lines to be AS dark OR darker than the control. When that does happen you could ovulate anywhere from up to two days later I believe.

EDIT - I see a C by the darker lines so the darker lines are the control. You need the lines by the T to be as dark or darker to be positive.

I Just took a test then like 5 minutes ago, and its similiar to the second lighter one. ive put them 3 together and the first one i took thursday is alot darker than both of them? does that mean that maybe i had the surge before i took the thursday one?

We can't know based on these. Or any opk actually. Need to temp to have a delifiniticd. Opks just tell you you have the LH surge that usually brings ovulation. Doesn't guarantee you will ovulate.

Unless the rest line is as dark or darker it's negative. Keep temping. With a 32 day cycle you might not ovulate for a bit. I have 31-33 day cycles usually and a 13 day LP so ovulate between cd18-20. Keep testing.

Okay that test is negative.

For an ovulation test to be "positive" - the test line should be as dark or darker than the control line. (It is NOT like a pregnancy test where even the faintest line is positive) And then from that moment where the line is as dark/darker than the control line, until about 72 hours later, your body will likely release an egg. That egg then lasts for about 24 hours. It's slightly confusing as you can't know for sure the exact moment you ovulate unless you're using more specific methods - but in my opinion OPKs are a great start!

If you are actively trying to get pregnant have sex when you see the test line getting almost as dark as the control line. And then a day or so after (I'm sure the wonderful ladies here have much more advice on that than I could hope to offer - but Hope that helps!) good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->