I ate something on the banned list!

viccat

Reaction score
I didn't realise at the time, but the chocolate mousse I had in a restaurant yesterday probably contained raw eggs. I eat mass produced versions at home quite happily, and hadn't thought about it being made a different way. :dohh:

The even worse news is I am intolerant to egg, so I twigged the different ingredient about 5 hours later when I got ill :cry: I was convinced I'd got one of the bugs they warn you about, and damaged our kidney bean.

The illness seems limited to just my normal reaction to egg though. I feel so blinking stupid! :dohh:

I wouldn't worry hun, i sure all is fine! I ate runny eggs today, i cant stand eggs hard and we have vaccinated chickens so i really cant see the danger myself :/ with my first two pregnancies i avoided eggs completely because i wont eat them unless they are runny, but on my third baby i caved in lol iv had runny eggs all my life and never got salmonella before. Xx

They may have used pasteurized egg whites or yolks, I think that would be the only that they could sell a product like that in the US. I realize you are in the UK, but, I would think they would have to have a warning about eggs not being cooked or something. But, I have no clue what health regulations are in place in the UK, I just know it wouldn't fly in the US. If you recover quickly, I highly doubt it is salmonella.

Actually I was abroad in Portugal, which is a whole different kettle of fish to the UK. Not necessarily worse, either, as neighbourhood restaurant menus seem to be smaller and the food more freshly cooked.

However, after my normal period of illness after eating egg (middle of night to early morning) I have been fine again, so yes, it doesn't seem to be salmonella. (thank goodness!) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->