I cant believe im here :(

Linz88

Mummy 2 Kayah + BbyBump K
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im lindsay, 21 and 29 weeks+ 2days with a baby girl, after 2 early miscarriages i feel very blessed to have reached this stage! Well wednesday and thurdsay i was havin a dishcarge that looked like snot (tmi sorry) on thursday early afternoon i was gettin very MINOR period cramps so fort i shud cal up bcuz of the increased discharge- best decision ive ever made, they hooked me up to a tracer and saw i was havin quite strong contractions and they done and internal and i was (continued below)

4.5 centimetres dilated, i was sooo shocked as the pains had bee like minor period pain5, wel they gave me a steroid injection, and put me on a drip to stop the contractions! It worked but when the drip runs out the contractions start showin up on the tracer again' im going to receive two more shots off steroids and get monitored so ill just have to see what happens from here.. Thanks for reading and good luck with ur babies xxxxxxx

Hiya! I had Chloe and Jaycee at 29 weeks and 6 days! They were 3lb10oz and 3lb5oz, Were in NNU for 4 weeks and home to be with the family! Its not always the case but the steroid injections I thought were amazing, Chloe and Jaycee only needed ventilating whilst they were transferred to another hospital and they only had c-pap for a max of 3 days! Then completely off of everything!
Its amazing how strong some babies are. Please have hope!
Have they said whether they would stop your labour.. I had mine stopped twice previously and the 3rd time they decided that they were just going to deliver them. They said clearly they would be better off out than in and the docs were right because I had an infection which led to septicaemia!

Thanks for ur reply :( im reli confused i feel like there sugar coating things, 1 midwife 5aid i can expect to last max 5 wees longer and nother said i could go full term bt i feel like she was bein unrealistic, n ye they did stop the labour with the drip bt wen it runs out my contractions show up on the tracer ! Glad ur babies are healthy, they had a lovely weight for twins xx

Yeah they do like to sugar coat a lot of things. Problem is you could go into labour tomorrow or you could go to 40 weeks! Who knows, that rule doesnt just apply to women who have threatened labour! That happens to all women who are expecting a child.
They just dont realise what they say to be honest.
Stay strong though, Babies born at 30 weeks have a high chance of survival! These days there is plenty of technology and I know its a scary daunting experience but you have us all here to chat to and I am about if you ever need to ask me anything

Linz I was born at 29 weeks hunny! And I'm all good! ANd tht was 23 years ago!

You have the fact that you are geting two sets of steriod injections. My LO was born at 27+4 and had only one, but she did grand!

I hope you dont have to join us, but you know where advice is if you do chick x

Hi if you feel like they are sugar coating things, can you ask to speak to a consultant? They seem to be a bit more ''bluntly truthfull'' IMO

My little girl was born at 25 weeks, we were told firstly that I would be taken in, monitored and given tablets, another MW said they could get me to go to at least 30 weeks and the consultant said it would be very likely my baby would be delivered over the weekend. Then I was given my 1st steroid injection and the other when I got to edinburgh hospital.

My daughter is now 7 weeks and is doing fantastic :)

oh hun I know your really nervous, and nobody wants a prem baby..but the good thing is that you have had steroid injections and that really does make a difference. Being in SCBU is a long hard slog, but as long as your baby is healthy it will be all worth it.
I do hope she stays in a bit longer :hugs:

:hugs: hope she stays put for a little while longer, but if she doesnt there is soooo much help available, try not to worry too much

I read that she's been born hun, but doing well and breathing on her own!! Congratulations and wishing you all the best :hugs:

congrats hun, stop by here when u can and if need advice we are here x x x x x

I was about to suggest you took a pre-emptive visit to the NNICU to familiarise yourself and set your mind at rest, but I'm sure you've been there by now!

Congratulations on your wee one. Here's hoping the journey goes as smoothly as possible and she's home before you know it.

We'd love to see pics if you have them and we are all here for advice if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->