I can't feel contractions but i KNOW i'm having them

BunNtheOven

Mom Expecting # 2!
Reaction score
My stomach keeps getting really hard, then not.. I remember my doctor telling me if i didn't feel contractions that i would be able to feel my stomach and that it would feel rock solid..and maybe feel if she was "stretching" my stomach. That's what it feels like, but i dont have any pain or feel anything besides this "stretching" feeling. My stomach just keeps getting ridiclous hard then soft. It's so weird.! Maybe i'll have a easy labor process once i DO go in labor..or could i be now? ugh, its kind of pain not being able to feel them because i won't probably know unless my water breaks. haha..
I had three small contractions when i was on the stress test machine friday and never felt them either. Any one else?

When you say it gets tight...does it get tight everywhere?

I have periods of tightness for a short blip too, but only on the front and frontal/ sides of my bump. The sides of my bump (towards my body) do not turn tight...

Just curious on your experience.

It's like everywhere (especially my stomach) and i can BARELY feel it in my lower back but it's there.

In my back.. it feels kind like in the area of my kidneys?

Sounds like Braxton Hicks. Real contractions you will DEFINITELY feel!

Hiya...

I am just nipping over from baby club (my lo is 6 weeks old), I was contracting and I didnt feel any pains initially. I was 5cm without feeling one pain, but I could feel something - I wasnt in active labour at this stage. From 5cm to 10cm (when I started active labour) took approx took 18 hours, and the pain was very real and very painful!! :-( But completely and utterly worth every single second of it when I held my little one.

However like one other poster said this could be braxton hicks.... Good luck with your labour - it is a truly incredible experience! :)

Sounds like Braxton Hicks. Real contractions you will DEFINITELY feel!

Ugh, well i hope it turns into real ones! -.- I'm far along enough at least it should. I havent had braxton hicks since i stopped working.. but i only had them on my lower part of my stomach? they felt like a menstrual cramp when i had those.. -.-

Hiya...

I am just nipping over from baby club (my lo is 6 weeks old), I was contracting and I didnt feel any pains initially. I was 5cm without feeling one pain, but I could feel something - I wasnt in active labour at this stage. From 5cm to 10cm (when I started active labour) took approx took 18 hours, and the pain was very real and very painful!! :-( But completely and utterly worth every single second of it when I held my little one.

However like one other poster said this could be braxton hicks.... Good luck with your labour - it is a truly incredible experience! :)

yeah because i havent felt one pain.. i feel very uncomfortable(at least more then usual).. and it keeps getting ridiclous tight for like at least a minute.. then relaxing for a few then starting back up!

It's a good sign that your uterus is toning itself. Is this your first baby? I didn't get a single BH in my first pregnancy, so you're quite lucky if you are feeling them. The pointy end of pregnancy really sucks when you are waiting for any sign that things are going to happen soon :)

yeah because i havent felt one pain.. i feel very uncomfortable(at least more then usual).. and it keeps getting ridiclous tight for like at least a minute.. then relaxing for a few then starting back up!

Mine does the same and its everywhere also. It's a funny sensation, takes my breath away too. I've always took it as BH or practice contractions for the real thing. It's been happening frequently as I am nearing EDD.

Can I just say this CAN happen! My mum never had labour pains with me or my sister!

I was born down the toilet as she had the urge to poo!

My sister she was induced two weeks early and was told when she was contracting whilst eating her lunch she gave birth!

She's apparently one in so many million!

Just thought would let u know, x

In my birthing class they said if its your whole stomach it is supposed to be a real contraction.. are you timing them? are they regular? Id call if they are..

it is my whole belly.. i ended up having more when they sent me for ANOTHER stress test today. I'm getting so tired of spending every other day in the hospital for my blood pressure. :(

I have another appt thursday and my doctor told me that if it's high when i step into that office thursday i'm getting induced no matter what.

For some reason, i don't believe them. haha.

-.- I almost don't even wanna go to the doctor thursday.. i just feel like skipping all my appointments and waiting until i go in labor. haha. but i won't do that.

I have spent 2-3 hours in the hospital every other day the past week. It's getting SOOO annoying!

I ALSO got my cervix checked.. all they could say was my cervix was high? I got nothing else from them... not if i was dilated, nothing. is having a high cervix bad? idk.

I think it's supposed to get lower closer to labor :( .. Hopefully they really DO induce you Thursday, I'd be fed up too :(

Ughh. haha. Well either way they would probably end up inducing me.. so i might as well get it over with thursday! If i do, it looks like i would be having her on my due date afterall by the time she does come out!! haha.
I'm soo scared to get induced, my mom said it was alot more painful then her natural birth -.- even my doctor said she rather not induce me because of my cervix being so high.

and last night, i was probably the most uncomfortable i have ever been when it came to sleeping. i woke up at LEAST 20 times having to turn sides/etc. :(

Maybe you'll go into labor on the day induction is scheduled!! haha, My mom did that with me apparently.. Just keep threatening her that if she doesn't come out willingly and soon, then she will be FORCED out. ;) lmao

I can feel some of mine DEFINITELY - but some I can feel with my hands but not actually FEEL. I assume it is that way for everyone though. Actually when I first started getting braxton hicks around week 32 or so I'd say - I mistook them for baby pushing his back against the front of my uterus and just making me very uncomfortable - but then I realized that was actually BH. Now they are easy to recognize. I usually get them when I am shopping. I think walking sets it off for me - so I pretty much avoid walking at this point lol. My poor dog!!!

hahaha. My friend actually had hers on her due date too! Jan 1st of this year! Pretty neat.

My OH is getting so impatient with my doctors too, he's all like why do you spend so much time in the hospital for them to send you home! it's obvious it's gonna go down once your completely still laying there!

I even offered him to stay home during my thursday appt and maybe my sister would go with me since i would most likely just be sent home again.. but my doctor seemed pretty 100% sure about inducing me so he's gonna take off work and take me. I think he's just wanting to get off work.. hahaha.

I hope i go in labor so i dont have to be induced though. :( Sooo not looking forward to that!

I can feel some of mine DEFINITELY - but some I can feel with my hands but not actually FEEL. I assume it is that way for everyone though. Actually when I first started getting braxton hicks around week 32 or so I'd say - I mistook them for baby pushing his back against the front of my uterus and just making me very uncomfortable - but then I realized that was actually BH. Now they are easy to recognize. I usually get them when I am shopping. I think walking sets it off for me - so I pretty much avoid walking at this point lol. My poor dog!!!

haha awhh. poor doggies.. yeah i got LOTS of BH when I was working because I worked in a large retail store and was constantly walking around! I had a few times it just stopped me dead in my tracks but it was like near my ovaries pain? not my entire stomach like it is now. My doctor said it was just my muscles stretching or spasing and not to worry. I would freak out some of my co workers and customers though with them. lmao.

Both of my previous pregnancies my water broke but never felt contractions. My last one I was at a theme park walking all day, when I felt pressure in pelvic area. Next day water broke had a baby. So I guess I just don't feel contractions.

I don't know how much I'll feel natural contractions - I was 3cm and fully dilated when I had to be induced for DD (PROM) they were a little surprised I was oblivious.

I then went from 3 - 10 in 2 hours... with a midwife telling me to ease off the gas and air as I'd really need it "later"... That hurt like hell but as they'd put me on the max allowed dose of pitocin the midwife this time said she thought I'd get to 7/8 until I thought it was really painful... so to come in before then!!

My dad had to deliver my little brother at home as my Mum thought she had bad period pain, then needed to push!! So they think (and I hope) to be the same xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->