I DID IT :) Announcing Keaton Marie!!!

AshleyKeil

Mommy of 1, Soon 2!
Reaction score
Wow.
Labor and Delivery was definatley the HARDEST thing I have ever done. But I actually had the perfect birth. I don't think I would change a thing.:dance: I got induced at 12pm on June 21st due to Low Amniotic Fluid, They started off with the tampon application Cervadil. By 4pm I was getting strong contractions and having trouble talking thru them, My mom and my practically other mom were there with me and helping me get thru them. I thought I had the worlds smallest pain tolerance but there is something about labor pains that I actually thought felt good. Everytime I got thru a contraction I was proud of myself and feeling like I was on :cloud9: so I decided instead of my "every drug available plan" I would keep going naturally as long as I could. Around midnight I had a contraction that lasted 8 minutes!! I thought I was gonna die. At this point my contractions were 2 minutes apart. They decided to check my cervix and I was still a 2 and extremeley postterriar. Which was very dissappointing. My cervadil had fallen out at about 10pm but my body had continued to labor on its own. At 1am they gave me some medicine so I could sleep. While I was asleep they started the pitocin drip.. Talk about waking up in pain! Remember still no pain relief at this point. But since I over worry about it I am glad they started it without telling me. At some point after 4am my contractions were coming only 1 minute apart so they turned the pitocin down so I could get some breaks. I managed to get another nap from about 8am to 11am. When I woke up I was in the WORST pain of my life and I could no longer do it without pain medicine so I decided that I was ready for my epidural. After it started working they checked my cervix again and I was a 3 :cry: the doctor said it was time to break my waters. I told him no I am not ready to be on a time scheldule because I was so scared of having a csection. Well I guess my opinion doesnt matter because in the middle of that conversation my waters broke on their own! But by this point I was starting to not believe that my body could it. Two of my best friends stopped by to visit and then after they left they let me drink some chicken broth because I was losing strength quickly but I thru it back up 5 minutes later. So I rolled over and fell asleep. I was so dissapointed in myself. About an hour later I woke up and told my mom that I really really had to poop! She said "mmhm sure" and called the nurse. I was like no really I have to!! But she was thinking something else! My nurse came in and I told her how badly I had to poop and she said she was gonna check my cervix. I was like "hellllooo women I have to shit! dont go diggin in there right now" She did anyways and told me that I was a 9.5!!!! I was shocked. She helped me dialte to a 10 which took all of 45 seconds and went and got the doctors! I burst into tears and told her no way was I gonna push a baby out of my who-ha!:haha: the doctors all swormed in and we began pushing! When she began to crown everyone started talking about what a gorgeous LITTLE baby that she was.. Turned out that was just a cone head because when the rest of her head came out everyone started mumbling omgosh maybe she isnt so little and by the the time her shoulders were coming I was screaming in pain! One doctor grabbed her head, another grabbed her shoulders, My nurse started pushing as hard as she could on my uterus and another doctor was pulling me down to help me stretch. Getting her out was horrible! Guess why? She wasnt a little 7 lb baby she was 10 Lbs!! and 21inches. When I got pregnant I was 105lbs and 5' 3'' so they were all shocked how big she was!! To everyones surprise I didnt have a single rip or tear either!! Plus it only took me 35 minutes to push her out!:happydance:
My 2 biggest fears going to labor was it ending in a C-Section or needing stitches down there and somehow (and I have no idea how) I advoided both!!:dance:

Being a mommy is the greatest feeling in the world! I cant take me eyes off her! She sleeps wonderfully and eats like a little piglet!
Right now I am doing a mix between FF and BF. She doesnt have a problem taking either and I have been losing a big bit of blood since they didnt know I was having such a big girl. Ive been weak and only able to feed her half as much as she needs. They said they wouldnt have let me deliever if they would have known!
Oh and to all you mom who wonder what will happen to your tummy, I had a HUGE bump and now it looks like it did when I was 20 weeks along. This happened as soon as the placenta was delivered and its been getting a bit smaller since.

Welcome baby Keaton Marie
Mommy & Daddy love you!!
June 22, 2010
10 lbs & 21 inches
6:25pm

https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh216/nighthawke33/DSCN0607.jpg
https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh216/nighthawke33/DSCN0618.jpg
https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh216/nighthawke33/DSCN0631.jpg

woo hooo congrats.... so glad it was such a positive experience for you !!

look at that bubba !!!!!! gorgeous xx

Way to go!
What a great a birth story!
And congratulations!
Beautiful baby! :)

Shes lovely. Well done. My fear is having a big 10lber!!!
Great story
xx

Wow what a big girl!! Beautiful!! Congrats hun, well done!! xx

What a lovely birth story and what a gorgeous girl :) Well done to you - sounds like you did a fab job. Enjoy your 'little' bundle :) x

wow what a surprise hun. you look so tiny on your photo. A very big congrats and a big welcome to your little girl shes gorgeous xxx

She is most definently healthy and strong. Your a fighter gurl congrats!

aww well done!
shes absolutly lovely xx

Wow, fair play!!!

Congratulations though hun, she is gorgeous.

xxx

aww congrats hun and wow 10lbs do any of her new born clothes fit i was wondering on wether i needed to pack anything biggin in my hosp bag :) xx

OMG Huge congratulations and she is absolutely gorgeous in every way. She is so big. :) My first son was 9 + lbs so I know how it feels... but it gave me some confidence because it was like I had an older baby already and not a tiny little thing :)

So happy it finally happened for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"