I did it!!! Yay Natural hospital birth

Lunaty

Reaction score
Well I did it!

I managed to have a completely drug free birth :happydance:
Did end up going to hospital to make use of the pool (i never ended up getting around to picking up our hire pool)..

So I did not have the home birth I initially planned, which ended up being just as well as Mila came out grunting and spend the next 26 hours in SCBU..

Birth Story can be found here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/698752-natural-hospital-birth-mila-3-a.html

Well done honey!! Do they know why she was grunty? How are you all doing now? xx

Well done honey!! Do they know why she was grunty? How are you all doing now? xx

Unfortunately they could not give me a good reason for it! They said it sometimes happens when big babies get stuck (with shoulders or similar) and ingest loads of fluid, or if labor is extremely fast and the fluid doesnt get squeezed out of the chest properly.. but wont really apply to us as I had a good 20 minutes of pushing :nope: And it happens mostly in non natural labors (one of the midwife was trying to comfort me and ended up saying: Ohh well this kind of thing can happen in medicated birth, dont worry to much! LOL she obviously wanst informed and took a guess on the situation)

She was breathing very fast though and struggling so there was definitely something up..

Since Mila was having some blood sugar drops off the drip too the midwife had ordered me another blood test in case I had developed GD (which would explain why Mila was over 'average' size for me, as according to the pediatrician 2nd babies tend to be not more then 100 grams more in majrity of cases) Of course im sure there will be exceptions to those rules so id highly doubt the test will come back positive ;) Ive had no indicators what so ever in pregnancy, no sugars in my urine nor did the glucose tolerance test come up with anything either.

Overall im not sure what to think of it, but im very happy where finally home!

my second was 1 lb 2oz bigger than the first

my second was 1 lb 2oz bigger than the first

Yes that just confirms my suspicion that they are just nit picking :winkwink:
Cole was 7lbs 13oz.. so about the same in weigh difference..

I had a scan at 33 weeks which indicated she was right on the scale on the 50th % but since they can be quite a bit off I dont think it could havegiven me any real indication.. i did however gain 19kg's!

As for my midwife, yep she probably was slightly surprised as I was not that big at all! My organs must have been pretty squished :haha:

lol with my last one being a nearly 11lber im wondering what this one will be there was definate organ squishing going on last time lol, and i even measured 38 wks at 41 1/2 wks with him so goodness knows what size baby my body is capable of hiding. no signs of GD here either

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->