I don't even do PCOS correctly...

Quindalyn

Reaction score
I'm a little confused because my RE told me that my diagnosis has changed from unexplained to a variant form of PCOS... long story short I have had 3 of the classic PCOS symptoms (weight, slight honey comb ovaries and body hair) but not at the same time. :wacko:

Today my RE suggested Femara 7.5mg(CD 3-7)+Follistim 75IU(CD 5,7,9 & 11)+Pregnyl trigger rather than going directly with IVF after a non-responsive Femara+Pregnyl cycle.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of a variant form of PCOS? And I'm also curious if any one else has done a Follistim booster with Femara?

I have not done follistim and femara & don't have PCOS (I've got my share of other issues...), but I have heard some about the use of a low carb/low sugar diet (specifically, the ketogenic diet) helping a lot with reducing PCOS-ish issues. The dr at the clinic I am using talks a lot about diet, he believes strongly so I've heard some about it on webinars, etc. podcasts, etc. Just another thing to look into...but it could cost less than expensive meds! I've radically changed my diet, so I know that it is not undertaken by the faint of heart as it requires a lot of dedication and willpower, but I'm hoping it helps. I have a lot riding on "hope." Don't we all on this crazy ttc journey?!?!

I've been called lean pcos. I have some of the signs of pcos, but not all of the typical ones.
I have irregular cycles (but still get 10+ per year), a small amount of extra hair growth, and pco ovaries. But I don't have the weight issues, thinning hair, acne (only when I stopped birth control). And I don't think my hormones were too far out of whack either (if at all).
I've done multiple iui cycles using femara and menopur and responded to those, sometimes too well!

I've been called lean pcos. I have some of the signs of pcos, but not all of the typical ones.
I have irregular cycles (but still get 10+ per year), a small amount of extra hair growth, and pco ovaries. But I don't have the weight issues, thinning hair, acne (only when I stopped birth control). And I don't think my hormones were too far out of whack either (if at all).
I've done multiple iui cycles using femara and menopur and responded to those, sometimes too well!

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine.

hi I have not heard of a variant form of pcos. I have pcos too. not all the symptoms. I only get AF 1-4 times a year. usually 2 times. I'm having lots of trouble Oing. clomid did not work on me. I was deemed clomid resistant. so my doc out me on follistim and I overstimulated which caused me to have to wait almost two months for the follies to shrink. I have finally reached the end of the waiting game and doc put me on meds to induce AF bc as I mentioned I don't usually O on my own. AF has still now shown even though it should have by now. I'm worried that the meds have not worked this cycle. has this happened to any of you? I was put on endometrim this cycle. and it's been 3 days now since I stopped taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->