I feel like a whimp!

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
I'm a daycare teacher for 8 kiddos 12-18 months. This pregnancy is so much harder than my first. I'm having freaky episodes of bleeding. Working 40 hours a week is really taking its toll, and then chasing after my 20 month old in the evening and on weekends.

I feel like such a baby. My entire body hurts and it's clearly effecting my work. I get stuck on the floor because I have such bad pelvic girdle pain. I just wish we could afford for me to stay home but it's not an option. I am SO miserable. I didn't feel this way until 32 weeks with my first pregnancy!

I really admire you and you are not a wimp at all. I babysat my 11 month old nephew today and I really really felt the effects of it. My body sOre and my mind was tired. I was seriously unhappy until I dropped him off and had a nap. Compared to you, i did nothin and was still suffering. I totally sympathise and think your doing an amazing job x

I work for the same age group and really struggling too.
Extremely sore and constantly tired. Not to mention the lifting and cleaning on top of actually looking after the kids is really hurting my back!
I only have ten weeks left to work at least. I'm taking my years holidays on top of maternity leave for 8 weeks before I'm due just because I'm struggling so much.

I'm in the us and we only get 12 weeks unpaid maternity leave. It's not even maternity leave, it's "medical" leave but unpaid and only twelve weeks. If it's longer than that they don't have to hold my job. I'm trying to work up until baby is born so I can take the 8 weeks I can afford to bond with him and heal from birth.

Sometimes I hate living here.

I feel your pain, I finished my shift at work, went into labor and had my son 5hours later lol. I know about that precious unpaid leave.

Do the best you can, you are NOT a wimp by any means. I'm at home with my son during this pregnancy and some days I just wanna lay on the floor and let the chips fall where they may. You are doing great getting through everything hugs!

It just sucks because I feel like a terrible employee and mother! After work I wanna sit on the couch and plop my son in front of the tv! I mustered up the energy to take him outside for a bit before dinner and now I'm even more exhausted!

It also sucks my oh works from 7:30 a.m. And usually isn't home until 8 pm in the evenings from work so it sucks. He does have Sunday's off, and one day a week. He has ds on his day off during the week so he doesn't have to come to daycare with me, and on Sunday's I get a bit more rest than usual, but the weekdays are kicking my butt!

I told my work it's probably going to get more difficult for me, and they are being supportive for the most part. I just wish we didn't have to worry about money.

It just sucks because I feel like a terrible employee and mother! After work I wanna sit on the couch and plop my son in front of the tv!

Honey if you did that I, for one, would not blame you. You are most definitely NOT a whimp. You're creating a life, and that's hard work! I've had an exhausting pregnancy as well. This is my third. I've had severe fatigue and morning sickness until almost 18 weeks; then I had a week where I felt good until I caught a cold; then spent 2 weeks fighting the cold; finally started to feel good for two more weeks but now I'm reaching the third trimester and the exhaustion is ramping up again. Most days when I come home from work - and I only work part time mind you so kudos to you for keeping at it full time - I'm so exhausted that I become a couch potato and let my kids watch all the TV they want. What keeps me going is that I remind myself this is only a temporary state... I won't be a "mom-bie" forever, though I admit that I can't wait until LO is here because I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->