I got my pathology report

kiki04

A girl can dream....
Reaction score
and I have no idea what any of it means but there is one sentence in there that says... "soft tissue admixed with blood clot 15 x 15 x 3 cm in aggregate."

Does that mean it was a blood clot that stopped blood flow to my daughter???:cry:

Oh hun, maybe it would be best to go to your doctors so they can explain it all to you in plain english. I'm so sorry that they sent it to you in a letter an didnt give you an appointment with a professional to fully explain the situation. :hugs:

I agree make an appointment with the doctor. I think its wrong its not got a covering letter at least to explain the medical terminology. Even in plain english it would be hard to see the words and make sense I think as its so important (without the emotions) that you know what happened.

Hope you find out xx Thinking of you xx

They really need to explain that to you in person, not just to explain what it all means but to look at the future and how you will be cared for in future pregnancies. You need this to move forward as best you can.

Hope you get an appointment soon x:hugs:

I got results that the tissue didn't grow and I was like so what does that mean? I was at the time so deeply wounded by her death that I could not even get angry. My best friend was livid they didn't explain more to me. She called the office screaming at them and in 10 minutes the doctor called me back. You need to call and ask for it to be explained if they can't over the phone then make an appointment. I agree it is wrong to send you that without an explanation .I am sorry they did that.
Hope you get some answers.. XOXOXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would agree, you need to have it explained to you and options etc discussed. I think it's terrible that they have just sent you that as it is honey. In aggregate just means all together, so the soft tissue and clot all together measured that. Without seeing the context it is in though it sheds no light and I doubt any of us could decipher it even if we had the whole thing, I hope you get an appt soon as you have waited so long already to get this, it may be time to put a little pressure on them...

All the best xxx

Hi Krissy (ooh, I remembered youir name! I still keep wanting to call you Kiki!)

I've nothing to add to what the others said - I think you need to get your doctor to explain it to you. We were given a copy of our pathology report and it wasn't really pleasant reading for us, I found it quite upsetting. I've only read it the once and that was enough for me. Thankfully the consultant gave us a summary . I do hope you get some answers :hugs:
xx

I hope you get answers Krissy. We don't receive pathology reports, medical files or anything here in Ireland. Anything that needed to be said to us was said in person by the consultant.

Krissy, I'm sorry you've been sent that report without any explanation of the jargon. We had an appointment with a consultant who explained the post-mortem and test results to us and was going to summarise it in writing for us, but we wanted the full copy of the post-mortem report so we could read all the details (we're a bit like that - control freaks, us?!? :blush:)

Anyway, our report contains all sorts of medical jargon (as you'd expect) which I have obviously tried to make sense of, but its so hard to know how much of the stuff they describe is normal and how much is something out of the ordinary which could have been linked to losing the baby, if that makes sense. Maybe see if a doctor can explain some of the wording for you.

Hi Krissy :flower:

I have nothing more to add either... Just wanted to say....Hope you get in to see your doctor soon so he can explain all that to you... I can't believe they just sent that report to you and nothing else to try to explain :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->