I guess I belong here now

FJL

Heartbroken after m/c
Reaction score
:cry:

Some of you might recall my latest post in the TTC section saying we had found out that DH had reduced sperm motility.

Well, we had the dr's appointment today to find out more.

Motility rate is only 15%, we're being referred to a fertility clinic, he said the chances of us conceiving naturally are extremely low and that its almost certain we will need to do IVF.

I am very upset about this obviously, but at this stage am much more concerned about my husband. It takes A LOT to make him cry, infact in the 5 years we've been together I think he's only ever cried 3 times. But from the moment we walked out of the doctors surgery he burst into tears and cried for an hour solid.

He thinks its his fault, he doesn't want to put me through all of this etc. All I could do was hug him and kiss him and tell him that its not his fault AT ALL and that we WILL get through this.

Thankfully we have a very supportive family, and my Mum has offered to cover all IVF costs, even though we would find accepting that generous offer to be very difficult.

We're going to explore natural options such as chinese medicne and accupuncture first, but things feel very hopeless right now :cry: :(

Didn't want to read and run hun, don't know what to say so :hugs:

Aww hunny ... sorry to hear that .. poor OH :hugs: Of course its not his fault but must be very hard for you both.

Massive :hugs:

Was wondering how you had got on.

So sorry to hear your news :hugs: It's so devastating to hear something like that.

What are the waiting lists like for IVF over there? Did you find out where your nearest clinic would be?

Try and keep your chin up though I know it's hard sometimes. :hugs:

H

xx

The closest clinic is 3hrs away, though we're thinking of driving an extra 2 hours so we can stay with family.

I have no idea on the waiting list or anything though.

I'm just gutted :(

Will you be going private hun?

Its so nice you have such a supportive family in more than enough ways.

I am so sorry to hear this :hugs: I'm sure at the moment there doesn't seem to be any light from your news but I have everything crossed your next journey will be successful in every way.

:hugs: x

Wobbles - I don't think we will go private because in Australia, private health systems (for what you pay for them) don't cover much in the way of IVF. However, the government does pay a large portion of it.

I've roughly worked out from Australian IVF sites, that it costs approx $8,000 (not including appointments, these are the actual IVF procedures) and you get about $4000 of that back on medicare.

Thankfully we have my Mum to fall back on, because i'm sure we will need to. My Mum is very wealthy and she would love to help us out...but its so hard to accept that money you know?

Thanks for your support everyone, it means a lot.

Just wanted to say sorry about your news ((HUGS))

xxx

Sorry to hear about your news FJL, have you looked into supplements for you OH to try and build up better quality sperm? Ive seen on another forum a members OH had pretty bad quality sperm but managed to get sorted out just through supplements. If you like i can get the list of what he took (i should still have it in my inbox)

soorry to hear your news FJL, good luck in whatever you decide to do.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Am so sorry to hear this hun, cant imagine what you must be feeling right now. Glad to hear you have a supportive family xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->