I had a girl!!! (longish post)

StarBoHo

Reaction score
Two weeks ago my yellow bump turned pink.
I haven't been on here since as things have been so hectic; I was in hospital for a total of nine days.
It's a lengthy story so I'll keep it short, although it'll seem lengthy :lol: I was induced on the Friday night after an 8 hour wait in hospital (we were told it was down to a poorly lady, but found out after that in fact the delivery suite are the ones who give the go ahead for a lady to be induced, therefore they were actually too busy for me to be started off, so delayed the ward in administering me the drugs). The induction didn't work, they tried 3 times, and although I did get some tightenings/mild contractions, I never got into established labour within those three times.
So on the Monday morning at approx 7.45am they broke my waters. I was 1-2cm dilated at that point. My contractions started around 9.30am and when I was examined at 11am, even though the contractions had started to wear off, I was 2-3 cm dilated. I was then put on the hormone drip which really kicked started my labour and the contractions got more and more intense.
To cut a long story short, at around 22.30 the midwife examined me (she'd examined me inbetween these times too) and got the doctor as I had only progressed one more cm to 4cm dilated. The doctor told me she'd be back in one hour, if I hadn't dilated anymore she would call it a day and perform a c-section. Low and behold, she came back and I had not progressed. She was concerned that in approx 14 hours I had only dilated 1 more cm and that I'd been there since Friday, had very little sleep and may not have the energy to push my baby out. She asked me what I wanted to do, and with her advice I chose a c-section. I didn't choose that option lightly. I said that if I was 7-8cm then I'd have an epidural and continue, but to only dilate 1 cm in 14 hours, and be running on very little sleep, I believe I chose the best option...and the doctor was in agreement (they do not perform c-sections lightly!)
So, my beautiful baby girl, Madeleine May was born at 00.55a.m via c-section weighing a very healthy 9lb 9oz.
I had to stay in hospital untill the Sunday as I developed an infection and despite all the doctors' investigations, they were unable to identify/locate the source of the infection so I was eventually discharged with an array of medication to take.
The doctor who carried out the c-section said there was no reason why I wouldn't have a natural birth next time. I guess my body just wasn't ready and that the labour was forced...that's why I wouldn't dilate properly (that's what I'm telling myself anyway).
For those who are having inductions soon, please don't be worried by my experience. Out of all the people I know who were induced, I'm the only one who ended up having a c-section.
Looking back, I wish I'd have refused the induction (I was only 5 days over when they offered it to me) but I had no idea it would pan out the way it did. The main thing is Maddie arrived safely and that was always my main concern.
Now I'm a mommy and absolutely loving it! I can't even think of what I did with my life before Maddie came along.
Good luck to all the mommy's to be...it is all worth it, and labour isn't that bad...I highly recommend gas and air :lol: It was my best friend!

Congratulations!! Sorry to hear it was such a long labour, and that you ended up with a ninja infection, but incredibly happy that it's all over and done with for you :hugs:

Congrats on your girl xxxx

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/melodysbrokenpieces/congratulations/thththe527cd46a37f95e869c6a5866e0c9.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"