I had my Son!!!!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
So, to put it mildly, this did not go at all how I expected!

I arrived at the hospital at 8pm on 01/18/18 expecting to start things right away. Turns out I was already having mild contractions which was nice. They decided to let me go naturally for as long as possible to see if I would just progress on my own. Came in at 3cm and finally reached 4cm about 4-5 hours later. They had me walking, bouncing and doing everything I could to progress. By about 9am I noticed that my contractions were starting to stop. Again, they had me walking but by 11am not a single contraction and I had stalled out at 5cm.

Not at all what I wanted to hear!!!

So they decided to puncture my waters and start me on a low dose of Pitocin and see if that would help. This was around 12pm when all this happened. Doctor came in and checked me and still no progress so he poked my bags so I would start leaking slowly. Contractions kicked up almost immediately! I decided to wait and see if I needed any pain management as it wasn't too bad at the moment. I felt them but was able to talk through them. At about 1:30 nurse came in to up my dosage of Pitocin. Almost immediately my contractions started to get worse. She went ahead and checked me and I was FINALLY at 7cm so I felt like I was making some progress and decided to go ahead and get my epidural.

She left for about 2 minutes to go get the paper work and by the time she got back to my room the contractions were back to back and I couldn't even begin to explain how much pain I was in. She turned down the Pitocin so that it would help a little. She got me some pain meds that went into the IV and for about 20 seconds I was loopy and happy and then... nothing! It was like the shot never happened. Then I felt pressure... exactly how they always say, you feel like you have to poop. I just knew that there was ZERO time left and this baby was coming now. I don't think the nurse really believed me at the moment but went ahead and rechecked me. I went from 7cm to fully dilated in 5 minutes or less. Doctors and nurses came running and suiting up.

I ended up pushing through the most unbearable pain and contractions for about 20 minutes and he was here! I cant believe I did that all natural (I don't even begin to count that shot as it did nothing!!!) He arrived at 2:15 exactly on the dot and weighed 8.7 lbs at 37 weeks.

Let me tell you, that ring of fire is no joke! I told the doctors to either pull him out or push him back in. I was in so much pain I wanted to kill someone. Im not sure if the Pitocin made it worse but holy crap was I glad when it was finally over.

Remy is in the NICU due to breathing issues he had and they wanted to give him medication in case he had an infection. Everything came back normal! He is off the IV for fluids, he is breathing without anything and everything looks perfect! He still has to finish up the meds and hopefully we will be able to go home tomorrow evening at the earliest and fingers crossed I can stay one more night! He did have the cord wrapped around his neck which is why he had the breathing problems and his lungs were slightly underdeveloped.

Ahh hooray Cews!! Glad he is here safe and sound. Well done, enjoy the rest in hospital before it's back to reality! X

Congratulations! I can't believe you progressed so quickly at the end. Way to go pushing through the pain!

And the end of Jan baby boom has started!! :haha:

Congratulations hon! Job well done. <3 Now you can rest up and enjoy your little man. :hugs:

Congratulations. I've had an induced birth and natural. Christ induction is worse by far. Much more intense!!! Hope your gorgeous son is home soon x

Remy is still in the NICU and will be for another 3-5 days.

Is this because of the breathing Cews? Hopefully you will get to take him home really soon xx

Thanks everyone. He is still in the NICU and hopefully will be home by monday if not before. Apparently he had the cord wrapped tightly around his neck when he was born so that didn't help and the fact that his lungs were still under developed made it worse. They have been doing breathing treatments to pop his lungs open and to get rid of the wetness and it does seem to be helping alot. He is back on the oxygen also but hopefully he will be off of that by tomorrow if not today.

Remington (Remy) David Wheeler

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10cb.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_10cb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 17
  • fullsizeoutput_10c6.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_10c6.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 17
What a precious little guy. Fx that you get to take him home on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->