I hate my partners surname!!

hanni

Reaction score
Every name I love sounds ridiculous with it. It's ruining all of my name opions.

I really love Mila!

Does Mila Rice work? Or does it sound too much like Muller rice?

My favourite name options for my son were Alec, Eithan and Rowan. Pair them all with rice and hve a good giggle 😧

Going to be honest and say my first thought was muller rice :blush: Same with Ethan and Alec Rice - sorry! Rowan Rice sounds okay though? Xx

I'm not a massive fan of my OH's last name either! Most girls names we liked ended in an 'a' and OH's last name starts with A and they sounded horrific! Funnily enough Mila was one if my favourite names too.
I wouldn't go Mila Rice but I don't get what the issue was with the others ...

Oh no 😭 I really liked that one too.
Harper rice? Half a rice? Or is that over thinking it?

It was just too much of a tongue twister and my son is a Dominic now :(
I actually seriously asked my OH if we could all change our surnames to my surname tonight 😂 he said no 😡 x

Harper Rice sounds fine IMO! Maybe you could all change your surname to something different. Mila Smith sounds lovely :winkwink:

Harper Rice is lovely and Harper is a name which I literally just mentioned to my OH as a possibility for #2!

Rice is a nice last name, I don't see anything wrong there? My last name is MacWhirter, I've been called everything from Mac-water to Mac-burger.

Eithan rice - eatin' rice
Alec rice - I like rice
Greg rice - Greg fried rice
There was so many funny sounding possibilities we came up with while naming our first.

We must have similar tastes in girls names loeylo!

I haven't thought of anything Harper Rice sounds like yet so it's a good contender for now.

I would say no to Mila Rice :lol:

Harper sounds good. If you break it down with a middle name it wouldn't sound half as bad. Same with Mila. Let's just use any random example (I will use Louise as that's my name)...mila Louise rice....see it doesn't sound like mullerice anymore lol

I can kind of see the Alec Rice one now that you've pointed it out but I think everything else might be a bit of a stretch

Don't see the problem with Mila, either, though I pronounce it Mee-la which takes it quite a ways away from Muller IMO.

I would say no to Mila Rice :lol:

Harper sounds good. If you break it down with a middle name it wouldn't sound half as bad. Same with Mila. Let's just use any random example (I will use Louise as that's my name)...mila Louise rice....see it doesn't sound like mullerice anymore lol

I thought about doing that but then on registers and stuff in school her middle name probably won't be read out and it will be back to muller rice 😧 I thought about making it a double barrel name but I'm not overly keen! I'm gutted.

I can kind of see the Alec Rice one now that you've pointed it out but I think everything else might be a bit of a stretch

Don't see the problem with Mila, either, though I pronounce it Mee-la which takes it quite a ways away from Muller IMO.

Any of the times I've mentioned the names to people in person they've had a good giggle 😭
I also pronounce it mee-la but the first friend I suggested it to went "ha ha. Muller rice!" Maybe I just need new friends 😂

If I'm honest, I never read out last names on the register unless there are duplicates with the same name in the class.

I probably wouldn't go with Mila, just because I was ridiculed about my surname as a child and it was awful. Kids will definitely think of muller rice.

I think Ethan rice is fine though and Harper too. Rice is a tricky name to match but it's not horrible, mine was truly awful, thank goodness I got married!! X

I'm sure you've already thought of this but could you not use similar names? Mia, for example xx

What about a hyphen? Mila-anne etc. Mostly they get dropped anyways but when read aload it wouldnt sound like muller

How about Amelia Rice? Then nn could be Mila x

I have 3 close friends who we see regularly and they all have little girls called amelia 😂 we call them big amelia, amelia and little amelia. Definitely on the not possible list 🙈

I'm sure you've already thought of this but could you not use similar names? Mia, for example xx

Oo I do like that actually! I'd never thought of it, it's not one I've heard for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->