:( I hate this.

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
:cry: I just had such a panic.. After having a lot of fun taking photos of Tegan dressed in her santa suit (so cute :p ), I noticed the area around her shunt was swelled.. straight away I thought OMG her shunt's blocked, brain damage brain damage she's got an infection blah blah blah.. Didn't take into account that she is fine, and has been all day. Isn't sleeping too much, eyes are normal, no weird movements, normal temp, not acting any different, as responsive as normal.. :dohh:

OH went for a nap (We've both been ill the past few days) and I put Tegan in her chair for a few minutes.. started writing out a whole thread on here about how we'd be going to the hospital after OH woke up.. Picked her up.. and her shunt is fine. OH was sure she was fine so went to bed. I feel such an idiot because I always think the worst, it can never just be a cold, I always think its really bad.. :cry:

:hugs: I am glad the shunt was fine. I think to worry is to be a good Mom! But, please try and relax when you can. I know it is very hard :(

Aww bless...glad to hear everything was ok :hugs: xx

So glad she's ok. It must be so hard not to worry though :hug: x

So glad she is ok, but i know exactly what you mean. I swear his fontenelle pops up and just as my heart stops a beat and i rush around for a phone, i check one more time, just in case - and it is fine...

It is sooo hard knowing when to take action! I dont know if these things are tempermental or whether our minds play tricks on us (i think in my case it is def the latter!).

But, not long to go before the shunt has settled down and you can relax a little. Since seeing a doc and having a CT scan I have relaxed a little.

Lea dont worry I am same too xx For the last few weeks I have been sure something as been wrong but now I think it was just that I was terrified we would be in hospital on xmas day and yes matilda is more than fine xxx

I dont think people understand the fear you go through when you think there shunts are playing up xxx My friends have been telling ofr ages to relax and I just had to say it aint that easy I wish I could xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->