I hate unsweetened water...grr!!'n

kerri28

Reaction score
I have this issue whether pregnant or not: I hate drinking plan water, infact I don't drink enough of any fluid someday a. A lot of drinks aggravate my heartburn and I hate plain water. I tried coconut water the other day and it tasted like salty dirty tree bark to me. I know I need to be super hydrated. Anyone else have a difficult time getting enough fluids?:wacko:

Oh man, that's gotta suck to get heartburn from water. It could be from the chemicals in your tap water? I'd try a filter or filtered water to see if that helps. I drink well water, but whenever I drink water when I am in town it can flare up my heartburn pretty bad from all the bleach and chlorine and whatnot.

Oh man, that's gotta suck to get heartburn from water. It could be from the chemicals in your tap water? I'd try a filter or filtered water to see if that helps. I drink well water, but whenever I drink water when I am in town it can flare up my heartburn pretty bad from all the bleach and chlorine and whatnot.

Sorry I probably didn't make that clear.. Plain water at home doesn't give me heartburn, other sweetened beverages do. My problem is I hate drinking plain water. Do you think crystal light is acceptable to drink in place of plain water?

I have been drinking crystal light. I don't know if it "counts" as water, but I can't do plain water. I usually drink Diet Dr. Pepper but gave that up...it is hard.

Ohhh, I'd say Crystal Light is okay :) Better than no water!

I never used to like water either but I make sure I drink lots now cause you really do need it for your kidneys to function properly. What I did was fill a water bottle and leave it in the bench and every time I walked past I'd take a sip.
Now while I still hate it I mainly drink water now.
I also cut up a lemon and lime in an air tight container in the fridge, and put a bit into a glass of water with ice :)

I've always heard crystal light was fine, but it gave me heartburn too. I haven't been able to find any liquid to help, even milk.

Do you have mio where you are? It's liquid water flavoring that you control the amount. Might be able to balance the heartburn and flavor.

i always thought water tasted the same no matter where you are, but its a lieeeeeee. the water i grew up drinking is horrible. where we are now its amazing. but you totally need to drink it cold. fill up a bottle and chuck it in the fridge or freezer and have it with you and take sips whenever you are thirsty. or buy bottled water. you'll eventually get used to the taste and feel a lot healthier drinking it!

edit: i've read in a few magazines and what not that filling an ice cube tray with a fruit juice or something and then dropping an ice cube into a cup of water is a way of getting a bit more flavour in your water.

I've found that if I'm sick a lot, then Gatorade helps with replacing electrolytes and doesn't have that bad of a taste. Otherwise, I drink a lot of water or water mixed with a ginger drink that my husband makes - which actually also helps calm a lot of morning sickness.

When you're told to drink more water, it doesn't mean plain water necessarily, squash, tea etc count towards your water intake. Even carbonated drinks. Although, water is preferable.

I know many people who add frozen fruit pieces to their glass of cold water and it really gives it a refreshing taste and when eating the fruit, you are contributing towards that intake too.

The idea of freezing juice to add to the water sounds great and I'm gonna try it! I actually made infused water with lemons and oranges but wow that really triggered my heartburn. I have frozen raspberries in ice cubes before but wasn't really happy with it.

I've always heard crystal light was fine, but it gave me heartburn too. I haven't been able to find any liquid to help, even milk.

Do you have mio where you are? It's liquid water flavoring that you control the amount. Might be able to balance the heartburn and flavor.

I have actually used mio and lots of other brands of drops including crystal light. My concern with using them is the dies. Kinda worried me to see how much of a stain some of them can leave on your skin. Imagine what it can do to your insides?

I have actually used mio and lots of other brands of drops including crystal light. My concern with using them is the dies. Kinda worried me to see how much of a stain some of them can leave on your skin. Imagine what it can do to your insides?

Natural fruit juices dye your skin too :) I really can't think of anything else you could do to drink actual water and make it taste better if infused water or flavor drops don't work :-( but like pp have said, tea, Gatorade, soda, etc all count toward your water intake.

I drink tons of quite weak no added sugar Robinsons squash, can't stand plain water, and that seems to do the trick without kicking off heartburn.

What about a bit of cordial? I find in the middle of summer when you've got the kind of dehydration where water is repulsive adding some of my favourite cordial helps! I like cottees strawberry & kiwi, soooooo good!! Not sure what's available where you are but maybe try that :)

I drink squash/cordial but I've never seen it in the USA. I find it really hard to know what to drink there as I practically live off squash! It seems to be either fruit juice or water there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->