I have a DVT in my groin and dunno what to do!

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I've been told have an extensive DVT in groin/ischial (tummy) area. I've been sent home with deltaparin and warferin.
But told NOTHING about how to be - active, sedentary etc.

I've to go on Thurs for a blood test to check clotting levels so going to ask them for info, painkillers and compression stockings then.

I did a google and for a DVT in the groin it seems you are meant to move as little as possible!! How do I do this with a 5 week old and a 4 yr old in a house with stairs - I can hardly walk without crying in pain :(. and it makes my leg swell even more.

OH cant take time off work as it will be unpaid and with my maternity leave we already only have £150 a month left for food and petrol as tax credits pissing about and so are child benefit - they stopped it.

I am in soo much pain tonight, Have to climb the stairs to bed and will be on my own from 6:30am till 7pm now as don't trust myself driving.

Do you think if I speak to my HV she would be able to see about a home help? can they do that? I literally have no one who can help as my dad has to stay at home to help my disabled mum and my sister has to work and my friend close by has her own kid to deal with.

I'm kinda wishing they had kept me in hospital now, as could have had the baby with me and DD could have stayed at my dads.

How awful, I hope you recover soon!
If your dad could have had your four year old if you were in hospital could he look after your LO anyway? (hope that makes sense, v tired) that should eliminate a lot of running around. I'm nit sure about a home help but it wouldn't hurt to ask your HV and say you are struggling, it's a temporary situation so they should help. Also if the hospital didn't tell you whether to restrict movement/move more etc ring NHS direct, I thunk it's the new 111 service now but they should be able to give you some advice, or ring the hospital or at the very least your gp in the morning. I hope you're in the mend soon.

How awful, I hope you recover soon!
If your dad could have had your four year old if you were in hospital could he look after your LO anyway? (hope that makes sense, v tired) that should eliminate a lot of running around. I'm nit sure about a home help but it wouldn't hurt to ask your HV and say you are struggling, it's a temporary situation so they should help. Also if the hospital didn't tell you whether to restrict movement/move more etc ring NHS direct, I thunk it's the new 111 service now but they should be able to give you some advice, or ring the hospital or at the very least your gp in the morning. I hope you're in the mend soon.

Yeah, think I will have to call the docs.

my dad cant have the LO as he is only 5 weeks and I am breastfeeding still. He also doesnt really cope well with babies......older ones he is ok with - like when they can go to the loo and feed themselves.

Oops sorry I meant could he have your 4 year old for a few days? Hopefully your HV could then help to arrange some help during the day for you with your new baby. I hope your OH is looking after you when he isn't at work too. Hopefully you will be back on your feet soon as I know it must be really difficult at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->