I have an idea for a product, but have no idea where or how to start.

Twister

Reaction score
As the title says really. I have an idea, from what I've researched it hasn't been done before, or if it has, what's our there is not like what I have in mind. I actually think it has the potential to go somewhere, although I'm aware it could just be a massive flop. But I want to at least try to get the ball rolling and see if it works out, if anything it would be a good learning experience.

It's just an idea at the moment, I havn't even done any sketches or anything. It's been in my head for a while now and I think it's about time I actually did something about it. I just have no idea where to start.

Anyone got any advice? I've looked at a few websites which give advice but they're all American based and I'm not sure if it would be any different in the uk. I assume if I'm serious I'd need to invest some money of my own into it as well to get the ball rolling with manufacturing etc? Sorry if I sound dumb lol, I'm just a bit lost when it comes to this sort of thing. I guess we've all gotta start somewhere, right?

Any help greatly appreciated.

P.S I wasn't sure where to post this, hope it's ok in here.

I'm not sure hun, is there maybe an enterprise board in your area that could offer you some support and advice? Or do you know of any small businesses in your area where people have come up with an idea and ran with it? You could see if you could arrange to meet them and get some advice from them?

Also have a look at https://www.ipo.gov.uk/ about a patent on your idea, to make sure no one else has created something the same and to protect your idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->